Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

661 - 680 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
This new video from an Oklahoma dealership shows they got a Black Sport HPD in, and says another is already in transit for next week. I hope so, I've been checking daily so I can buy a 2021. Youtube, 2021 Ridgeline Sport
Wow, if dealers are getting them, I would except us to at least have the trims up on the website in the next week or so.

That truck looks awesome, besides the flares.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yikes, now I know why the RTS trim that I had was so poor at only 74.4m. Nice to use the data as a reference.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
279 Posts
What Zroger is showing above is the low beam output, comparing Ridgeline LED projector with Pilot LED reflector (two different LED units). It obviously doesn't suggest LED isn't "better" than halogen, which was the original point raised:

Can not believe that the high beams are still just halogen.

·
Administrator
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
What Zroger is showing above is the low beam output, comparing Ridgeline LED projector with Pilot LED reflector (two different LED units). It obviously doesn't suggest LED is brighter than halogen, which was the original point raised:
Thank you. I had the low and high beam data confused and have corrected my posts.

The Ridgeline's halogen reflector high beams project 24 feet farther ahead than the Pilot's LED reflector high beams.

The Ridgeline's LED projector low beams project 50 feet farther ahead than the Pilot's LED reflector low beams.

Conclusion: According to this test data, both the Ridgeline's LED projector low beams and halogen reflector high beams outperform the LED reflector low/high beams used in the Pilot.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
279 Posts
Conclusion: According to this test data, both the Ridgeline's LED projector low beams and halogen reflector high beams outperform the LED reflector low/high beams used in the Pilot.
Yes, it's all down to design of the headlight units themselves (not just LED versus halogen). Generally, the best headlights on the market are LED. Suburu Legacy and Ridgeline LEDs are way ahead compared with most others.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Got this email from my local dealer: "Our ETA for the loaded up models is March, however it looks like we will be getting some more basic models very soon, possibly next week!"

I will believe it when I see it!

·
Administrator
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #668 (Edited)
What's equally interesting is that the 2022 Odyssey appears on Honda's website already and there's not even been a press release and it's only January 2021!
Two hours later, Honda issued the press release. I don't understand why the 2022 Odyssey was released so early. The only change mentioned is the new color. A member on OdyClub said the change from Deep Scarlet Pearl to Radiant Red Metallic II actually occurred during the Odyssey's 2021 model year run (similar to the Ridgeline's change from White Diamond Pearl to Platinum White Pearl during the 2019 model year).

Here's an Odyssey in Radiant Red Metallic II and a Pilot in Deep Scarlet Pearl at the same dealer for comparison.

The Pilot and Passport's red is still Deep Scarlet Pearl, so the Ridgeline must still share a line with the Odyssey.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
FWIW, a reminder that the front facia updates don't just change at the stamping, molding and assembly lines. All the parts literature has to be updated. The outline drawings in the owners manuals and repair guides have to be redrawn. It can take a while, depending on work loads with other vehicle changes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, it's all down to design of the headlight units themselves (not just LED versus halogen). Generally, the best headlights on the market are LED. Suburu Legacy and Ridgeline LEDs are way ahead compared with most others.
I'd like to see how much variation there is between units. My suspicion is that even for $1K or so retail per headlight assembly they are not taking steps to ensure there is even performance between units. I would also like to know what kind of quality control and MTBF testing they are doing. I've seen reports of people's LED headlights failing or partially failing after a relatively short span of time compared to what LEDs themselves are rated for. I would be pretty upset if I had to cough up $1000 dollars to fix a headlight after 4 years or 6 years. I probably wouldn't do that actually. I'd probably spend way to much time trying to open it up and fix it myself for the cost of some $10 electronic component. Then I'd probably have to glue it back shut or something and it would look ugly but it would be worth it to me to save $1K. 🤑

·
Super Moderator
5,448 Posts
Two hours later, Honda issued the press release. I don't understand why the 2022 Odyssey was released so early. The only change mentioned is the new color. A member on OdyClub said the change from Deep Scarlet Pearl to Radiant Red Metallic II actually occurred during the Odyssey's 2021 model year run (similar to the Ridgeline's change from White Diamond Pearl to Platinum White Pearl during the 2019 model year).

Here's an Odyssey in Radiant Red Metallic II and a Pilot in Deep Scarlet Pearl at the same dealer for comparison.

View attachment 408661 View attachment 408660

The Pilot and Passport's red is still Deep Scarlet Pearl, so the Ridgeline must still share a line with the Odyssey.
The Radiant Red looks pretty good, but I still prefer the Deep Scarlet Pearl. Is there still an additional charge for the Radiant Red Metallic? According to the press release the price is staying the same for 2022 for the top Elite trim.

Reactions: Kevo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, if dealers are getting them, I would except us to at least have the trims up on the website in the next week or so.

That truck looks awesome, besides the flares.
Yea not a big fan of the flares. I am in the market for the 2021 and I am thinking its a no go for that HPD package with flares..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea not a big fan of the flares. I am in the market for the 2021 and I am thinking its a no go for that HPD package with flares..
Mentioned it earlier but if folks like the HPD except for the flares, I'm assuming you could specify that and dealer could uninstall(unless they drill holes that would be visible if flares not installed). Probably still pay for the whole package, but if buy, sell those flares online or dump em in with he rest of your plastic trash recycling. 😉

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Would have been nice to see a window sticker. Seems like it's all falling into place now that the RTL should be the volume trim without having to settle. I can see someone coming up with something to use that empty space on the grille to put in some type of 3 little Raptor lights. It looks like HPD comes from the factory. They might end up sitting around. I give Honda credit, they responded reasonably well.

·
Administrator
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
I haven't seen Monroney labels on any of these 2021 Ridgelines yet which suggests that they're "property of Honda" and "not for sale".

·
Registered
11 Posts
After showing this thread to my local long time sales guy he then took it to his Sr. managers at the dealership. I want a Black Edition with the HPD package.

I was told that starting Monday the 18th dealerships can start special ordering Back Editions with the HPD package for customers as this is the only way such a combination can be acquired since the HPD package MUST be installed at the factory. Unfortunately I was also told the ETA of the vehicle to the dealership was sometime in May with a manufacture date of April. None the less I put down the required $1K deposit. The dealer at this point also has no pricing so I had to pre-order it sight unseen. Also no confirmation of what exactly comes with the HPD package except for what you can see in the pictures. I was hoping for it including running boards bit don't see them in in any pictures. Also no idea if the "base" BE differences are still the same as the 2020 model.

Any idea if this timeframe seems legit or the dealership / Honda is just throwing a crazy date out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
After showing this thread to my local long time sales guy he then took it to his Sr. managers at the dealership. I want a Black Edition with the HPD package.

I was told that starting Monday the 18th dealerships can start special ordering Back Editions with the HPD package for customers as this is the only way such a combination can be acquired since the HPD package MUST be installed at the factory. Unfortunately I was also told the ETA of the vehicle to the dealership was sometime in May with a manufacture date of April. None the less I put down the required $1K deposit. The dealer at this point also has no pricing so I had to pre-order it sight unseen. Also no confirmation of what exactly comes with the HPD package except for what you can see in the pictures. I was hoping for it including running boards bit don't see them in in any pictures. Also no idea if the "base" BE differences are still the same as the 2020 model.

Any idea if this timeframe seems legit or the dealership / Honda is just throwing a crazy date out?
You can't order a Honda. The factory makes what they want, when they want and then the inventory is apportioned to the dealers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can't order a Honda. The factory makes what they want, when they want and then the inventory is apportioned to the dealers.
Not what I was told. The exact words to me were "literally this vehicle will be shipped to us with your name on it". I gave them the $1K so its on the dealership to get the goods for me no matter how they do it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not what I was told. The exact words to me were "literally this vehicle will be shipped to us with your name on it". I gave them the $1K so its on the dealership to get the goods for me no matter how they do it.
Domenic, you will definitely get the truck exactly as you ordered it, but the dealer has no control over when they get that truck. That's just how Honda works.

661 - 680 of 887 Posts