Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1381 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not sure why anyone would pay MSRP or close to it. Craziness! I sent an inquiry last week from a
dealership in my area and got this price below. No haggling whatsoever. :) I have not even checked
other dealerships in a 25 miles radius yet.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interest in 2021 Honda Ridgeline

2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

The M.S.R.P on this vehicle is:$43,195.

Xxxxxx Honda of xxxxxx price for this vehicle is $40,076.

(Price Quote Includes the Honda Destination Charge), plus tax, doc, license and title
3,000 off the E is not bad. Depending on your $ situation / how much you like to haggle, I could see just pulling the trigger on that one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It would not surprise me if the restyled 2021 reveals that the main thing holding back RL sales has been the "non-trucky" front clip. The real question might be how will Honda meet this potentially increased demand? Is the 2021 RL headed for "market-adjusted" sticker prices above MSRP?
Really! Do you work for Honda?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If this is sarcasm, it's not at all apparent.

Good luck with that "strategy".....:rolleyes:
Well, it worked when we purchased ours! We wanted a RT, (under $30,000), but then found there were no RTs to be had. We then compromised where we may take a Sport, and priced every Sport within a 250 mile radius. We then dropped by our local dealer just to take a look at a Ridgeline, (we had not even been up close to one yet), but they had no Sports. We were talked into test driving an RTL, really liking it, but still too much money. We thanked the salesman and headed out the door when he offered this RTL for well under what all the other dealers were asking for their Sports. We purchased it! ;)

Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, it worked when we purchased ours! We wanted a RT, (under $30,000), but then found there were no RTs to be had. We then compromised where we may take a Sport, and priced every Sport within a 250 mile radius. We then dropped by our local dealer just to take a look at a Ridgeline, (we had not even been up close to one yet), but they had no Sports. We were talked into test driving an RTL, really liking it, but still too much money. We thanked the salesman and headed out the door when he offered this RTL for well under what all the other dealers were asking for their Sports. We purchased it! ;)

Bill
Similar. We went in January looking for a 2020 RTLE. The dealer said no problem and offered a fair trade for my 2013 RTS. Then over the course of the next week realized that a 2020 E was a big ask in the color we wanted so had to walk away. Decided on a 21 since I knew I was keeping this truck for a while, liked the new styling (wife's words, I like I can tell its the ridgeline and not a pilot or a CRV). Original dealer had no idea when an E was coming, called a different one who had 6 coming. Then thought maybe a 2020 RTL was a better option, gave me a better deal on the trade, walked away from that thinking, "no xm, no cross traffic alert, no parking sensors"
My 13 needs new tires, battery and probably some brakes soon. Figured it wasn't really worth waiting with the 1.9% that's available. Negotiating by email has been the best. It looks like the one I ordered is on their website "in transit" and they gave me an additional $1500 on the trade. I don't really care if they drop the asking price of raise the trade, whatever gets the deal done.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you walked out the door you may have been unaware, but you were indeed "haggling" in a soft manner.
All the salesman knew was that we were looking for a Sport, no price was ever introduced into the conversation.

Bill

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not sure why anyone would pay MSRP or close to it. Craziness! I sent an inquiry last week from a
dealership in my area and got this price below. No haggling whatsoever.
Xxxxxx Honda of xxxxxx price for this vehicle is $40,076.
plus doc...
This quote is useless & meaningless without knowing how much they charge for the doc fee.
It could be $50, it could be $2500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This quote is useless & meaningless without knowing how much they charge for the doc fee.
It could be $50, it could be $2500.
True but, I don't pay the doc fee. They either need to remove it or take it off the vehicle price. I've never heard of a doc fee being $2500. 😆 Either way I was just inquiring for now. I will check with other dealers as well. In fact I will e-mail the salesman now and ask what the Doc fee charge is. 🙂

Edit
The Documentation Fee is $303.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check this simple mod out - Home | Idlestopper -

Basically it makes the idle stop OFF by default but still allows you to turn it on.

I talked with the owner of the site / product. He works at a Honda dealer and will be updating the instructions video shortly to include the 2021 Ridgeline trims that include the wireless phone charging. Also he said a new version of the product will be out soon that is completely plug and play negating the need for the wire tap.

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
338 Posts
I refuse to haggle, the dealer advertises a price and I take it or leave it. In this case, I have no interest what-so-ever!

Bill
i go in and basically tell them, give me your best price, if it doesn’t fit my needs, or what I feel I am comfortable with, I walk. Usually tell them I need to think about it. Most of the time they come came back with a better offer and the we can negotiate from there. Most of the time it works to what it i am willing to pay to be fair to the dealer and myself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was offered a 12.3% discount off of a 2021 sport. Same dealership offered a 1% discount off of an RTL-E. The dealer has an algorithm that looks at supply by trim. So while the discount on the E is tiny, it’s because there are zero Es for sale in the northeast at the moment. That discount will only get bigger as they roll into dealer lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I was all ready to buy from them in 2017 at their Englishtown location, They had the best price by far. I called them up they set the price as advertised and I said to call me back with the check I need to write. The numbers didn't jive so I passed based on principle. Turns out that they had add ons like nitrogen etc. Even with the crazy Jersey doc fee their prices were still the best. I paid like 1k more at a dealer in NY that was still 150 miles away from my house. I was stuck into the notion of having a new Ridgeline but I shouldn't have been so desperate. This will probably be the best price you will find but if history repeats itself it will be a little higher than what you are seeing.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
133 Posts
Check this simple mod out - Home | Idlestopper -

Basically it makes the idle stop OFF by default but still allows you to turn it on.

I talked with the owner of the site / product. He works at a Honda dealer and will be updating the instructions video shortly to include the 2021 Ridgeline trims that include the wireless phone charging. Also he said a new version of the product will be out soon that is completely plug and play negating the need for the wire tap.
This is GENIUS! I really look forward to the "plug and play" version. I'll be getting that for sure, and I know my mom and dad both will, as well...my dad has a '20 Ridgeline and a '20 Acura RDX, and my mom has a '20 RDX. They HATE the idle stop...

Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,530 Posts
Gen 1s have had the wiper zone heater element since the beginning. Yes, severe weather can overcome it, but the general idea is to keep the rubber wiper elements pliable and reduce the build up of snow in the cowling area. When the Ridge is moving, temperature set to warm and the defroster on, it does a fairly good job.
Exactly, and on the G1, owners were complaining about that "heated zone" causing a long crack in the windshield in that area.

·
Registered
Current 2020 RTL platinum white pearl
21 Posts
most of the dealers here in the Denver area were offering a significant discount off MSRP on 21 sports but they still have quite a few 20 sports on the lot. For RTL and up it was less but they were still well under MSRP without much haggling.

1301 - 1320 of 1381 Posts