Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1321 - 1340 of 1381 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Ridgeline, '08 997TT
86 Posts
Check this simple mod out - Home | Idlestopper -

Basically it makes the idle stop OFF by default but still allows you to turn it on.

I talked with the owner of the site / product. He works at a Honda dealer and will be updating the instructions video shortly to include the 2021 Ridgeline trims that include the wireless phone charging. Also he said a new version of the product will be out soon that is completely plug and play negating the need for the wire tap.
Thank you for this Domenic. This looks great!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Really! Do you work for Honda?
LOL! Not hardly...nor did I make any fans at the local dealership when I haggled for my RL. My comment about "market-adjusted" prices was simply a reflection on past times when popular models (usually "imports") in limited supply allowed dealers to inflate prices over MSRP.

I agree with the comment that it's too early to gage sustainable demand for the 2021 RL, but there does seem to be more interest in the truck. A couple years ago, a salesman told me that he gave up trying to sell the RL to typical male truck shoppers -- they'd just scoff at Honda's "mini-van with a bed". That may be changing.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
A couple years ago, a salesman told me that he gave up trying to sell the RL to typical male truck shoppers -- they'd just scoff at Honda's "mini-van with a bed". That may be changing.
So the Ridgeline magically transforms from a "mini-van with a bed" , (which is the reality), to a truck simply because it is made to supposedly look like a truck?

...................and we accuse our women folk for being irrational and fickle? 🙄

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I drove Silverados and F150's for decades (and even a Tundra to spare). Traded my F150 (King Ranch) for a Ridgeline couple years ago. Just needed something less in my retirement years. Pretty pleased all around now and shopping for another this Spring.

·
Registered
'07 Ridgeline, '08 997TT
86 Posts
So the Ridgeline magically transforms from a "mini-van with a bed" , (which is the reality), to a truck simply because it is made to supposedly look like a truck?

...................and we accuse our women folk for being irrational and fickle? 🙄

Bill
^ Statements like these buy into the silly notion that a vehicles "platform" determines all of its attributes and cannot be adapted for extremely successful use in multiple different designs/roles.

Case in point, are the Nissan GT-R and 350/370Z successful and highly capable sports cars? Are they made less capable because they share a "platform" with the Infiniti QX50 and QX70 SUV's? Worse still they must absolutely suck as sports cars based on the fact that they share their platform with a minivan (Elgrand).

Moreover, you seems to dismiss the notion that how a vehicle "looks" (gasp) actually influences its market success. Who would ever be so naive to believe that human beings could be influenced by "looks" when making a decision?

You're probably right, men would never be so shallow to ever be interested in how attractive something is (only "women folk" care about looks.) [/sarcasm off] :LOL:

·
Registered
95 Posts

Bill
It doesn't magically transform into a truck based on the new looks, but it definitely transforms into a more attractive vehicle. Honda could do themselves a favor and increase the appeal even further by eliminating other (cough, chrome, cough) design attributes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It doesn't magically transform into a truck based on the new looks, but it definitely transforms into a more attractive vehicle. Honda could do themselves a favor and increase the appeal even further by eliminating other (cough, chrome, cough) design attributes.
I like some chrome on the truck. They have Black Edition and the sport trims.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m looking to buy a 2021, RTL-E specifically. Not much of them in San Diego yet but tracking total inventory on 2021’s from 6 different dealerships suggest no big demand yet. Total inventory went up from 16 units at the beginning of last week to 18 today and the true car price they show on the web without signing up dropped $500 in that time. I’m not in a hurry, the trend line suggest once they hit more then 26 units the price will be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
302 Posts
I’m looking to buy a 2021, RTL-E specifically. Not much of them in San Diego yet but tracking total inventory on 2021’s from 6 different dealerships suggest no big demand yet. Total inventory went up from 16 units at the beginning of last week to 18 today and the true car price they show on the web without signing up dropped $500 in that time. I’m not in a hurry, the trend line suggest once they hit more then 26 units the price will be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, trust the process, wait for supply and demand to balance out. Best price I can get now is 35k for a Sport with no packages. I am hoping to get to around 33k. Maybe April.

There is nothing wrong with buying a car for its looks, so long as you don't sacrifice function. The 2020 to 2021 changes increase the attractiveness and do not sacrifice function. There is something to be said for walking up to your car and just loving how it looks. It's not vain, it's pride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to the various dealers around town and cut and pasted the URL for the 2021 RL inventory search into a google sheets spreadsheet then a date and # of 2021 in stock (broke it down by RTL, RTL-E, and Sport). Every few days I just click on each URL link in the sheets document and count up the # of vehicles. I usually do it every few days but for kicks I just did it (I did it yesterday as well). Looks like inventory went up from 18 yesterday to 26 today! Perhaps I’ll be shopping by next weekend if this keeps up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I went to the various dealers around town and cut and pasted the URL for the 2021 RL inventory search into a google sheets spreadsheet then a date and # of 2021 in stock (broke it down by RTL, RTL-E, and Sport). Every few days I just click on each URL link in the sheets document and count up the # of vehicles. I usually do it every few days but for kicks I just did it (I did it yesterday as well). Looks like inventory went up from 18 yesterday to 26 today! Perhaps I’ll be shopping by next weekend if this keeps up.
I love that my local dealer tried to get me to come by and order one a week ago, claiming if I missed that date, he'd have to wait another 90 days until he could get another one in.

I will laugh in a month when I am on the lot and he has 5-6.

Locally, Honda.com. Nationwide, CarGurus.com, AutoTrader.com, Cars.com, etc.
Thanks, I used AutoTrader. Within 100 Miles:

So yeah, I bet people are paying MSRP for the RTLs, and most of the Sports have some package on them. There are also still 122 2020s on lots.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So yeah, I bet people are paying MSRP for the RTLs, and most of the Sports have some package on them. There are also still 122 2020s on lots.
I suppose it depends on where you live and the size of your market. I haven’t noticed the supply of RTL or RTL-E’s go down in 2 weeks in my area, only up. I don’t think anyone would have to pay anywhere close to MSRP in this market. One dealer even advertises over $2k off MSRP for RTL right off the bat.

Don’t get wrapped up in the hype, the demand is weak right now, supply is going up, you can get a good deal now, you can get a great deal in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1321 - 1340 of 1381 Posts