Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1,381 - 1,400 of 1,576 Posts
I understand Honda would like people to buy remaining 2020 RLs, but I still find it odd that they are using a 2020 in their commercials for current financing specials, given their ads and messaging on the 2021 redesign.

Discussion starter · #1,383 ·
Honda still has around 1,500 2020 Ridgelines (almost all Sport and RTL trims) left. 2021 Inventory is building quickly - there are nearly 3,000 at or in transit to dealers.

Discussion starter · #1,385 ·
How long do they remain in transit. Mines been listed on the site that way for over a week.
An average of two weeks with a range from a day for the Honda dealers near the factory in Lincoln, AL to several weeks for those going to the west coast, AK, and HI.

An average of two weeks with a range from a day for the Honda dealers near the factory in Lincoln, AL to several weeks for those going to the west coast, AK, and HI.
Got it. My dealer had said last week in February or early March. In the days of Amazon delivery you would think the would a more precise tracking system.

Move to Japan 🇯🇵

It’s only zero percent for 36 months. I’m hoping they turn over the 2020 deal to the 21, so it would be: 0% APR for 24-60 months
or 0.9% for 61-72 months.
Just locked one in for 0% 36 months. FYI...If you can find one on the way, Honda Financing locks in the 0% for 10 days after the application just in case they don't extend the offer. Allocation in our area was delayed from the winter storm.

Just locked one in for 0% 36 months. FYI...If you can find one on the way, Honda Financing locks in the 0% for 10 days after the application just in case they don't extend the offer. Allocation in our area was delayed from the winter storm.
I’ll have to check. My dealer said I needed to take possession before the 1st in order to get the %

And of course I just got another e-mail from Honda mentioning that too. Great deals but can't find what you want in the lots. Tons of Sports all over...whoo hooo?
Exactly, they have made the Sport too expensive, and yes, they are all over the place. Now that the Sport has LED, main reason I previously wanted an E, if Honda would drop the accoustic windsheld in the Sport, I'd be tempted to choose that model. My number one concern with the E, is the leather seats in the long run, may be able to order a set of "Sport" front seats down the road...

Discussion starter · #1,390 ·
Got it. My dealer had said last week in February or early March. In the days of Amazon delivery you would think the would a more precise tracking system.
Automobile shipments are a bit more "sloppy" than shipments in cardboard boxes and are given less priority. :) Automobiles can sit around on storage lots and in rail cars for unpredictable amounts of time before they're finally loaded onto transport trucks that deliver them to dealers. Instead of one company handling the entire journey from origin to destination, there are multiple carriers involved. Honda loads Ridgelines onto rail cars that get handed off from one rail carrier to another before they're picked up by independently-operated transport trucks. Weather, mechanical failure, miscommunication, and prioritization tend affect automobile shipments more than other shipments.

I’ll have to check. My dealer said I needed to take possession before the 1st in order to get the %
Now you have me wondering..you never know with a salesman, so far my experience with my local dealer is... I'd be better off being able to go Honda.com and purchase just like Telsa does, if that were only an option. The message I received was if they can locate the VIN number, they can reserve it.

Now you have me wondering..you never know with a salesman, so far my experience with my local dealer is... I'd be better off being able to go Honda.com and purchase just like Telsa does, if that were only an option. The message I received was if they can locate the VIN number, they can reserve it.
I will check tomorrow. They said my name is on a blue rtle and it’s listed on the Honda inventory search for that dealer as in transit

Automobile shipments are a bit more "sloppy" than shipments in cardboard boxes and are given less priority. :) Automobiles can sit around on storage lots and in rail cars for unpredictable amounts of time before they're finally loaded onto transport trucks that deliver them to dealers. Instead of one company handling the entire journey from origin to destination, there are multiple carriers involved. Honda loads Ridgelines onto rail cars that get handed off from one rail carrier to another before they're picked up by independently-operated transport trucks. Weather, mechanical failure, miscommunication, and prioritization tend affect automobile shipments more than other shipments.
I get it. Expensive inventory to have a muddled process but if dealers can just trade with others probably doesn’t need to be tightened down. Only serves to appease the impatient early buyers I suppose.

Drove through a town that was a few hours away for a family event. That local dealer showed it had 8 RL's (sports) of various colors. Was mostly interested to see what the red looked like in person. Got there and couldn't find any. Turns out, they had already sold them all.

Lack of RTL-E's and dealers not keeping their site's inventory up to day is not at all frustrating... :(

I might of been interested in a 2020 sport but it does not come some of the features I am looking for such as nav, upgraded sound system. I most likely will wait towards fall or next year to purchase. I do like the looks of the 2021.

What time frame would be most advantageous to pull the trigger on a BE? In no hurry but have decided that I'm going to do the deal before the warranty expires in 6 months on my 19' RTL.

Don't want to wait too long and have them depleted, but am not going to pay close to MSRP just because of the newness factor right now. White Black Edition....

1,381 - 1,400 of 1,576 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.