Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1541 - 1560 of 1570 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting. My dealer certainly doesn’t know how to do that. They had zero clue when it would arrive and they really wanted to sell it to me. I was working directly with the sales manager so they ought to know. She swore it would be in before the financing expired 3/1 and it didn’t arrive until 3/4. Maybe covid has deliveries messed up, or maybe just incompetence. I’m in Nashville pretty close to the Alabama plant, so it’s a pretty short drive to take a month.
Don't let your guard down at any dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
13 days without a post? Everyone moving on to a 2022 model I didn't get the memo about? I am sweating bullets because my BE + HPD which has been "ordered" since January was supposed to be manufactured last week / delivered first week of May. Dealership cant confirm for me that it was manufactured as planed and 0%financing expires May 3rd I think. Argh.
"

·
Registered
41 Posts
13 days without a post? Everyone moving on to a 2022 model I didn't get the memo about? I am sweating bullets because my BE + HPD which has been "ordered" since January was supposed to be manufactured last week / delivered first week of May. Dealership cant confirm for me that it was manufactured as planed and 0%financing expires May 3rd I think. Argh.
"
Be sure to run the finance on May 3rd, it holds for 10 days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Be sure to run the finance on May 3rd, it holds for 10 days.
Talked to my dealer tonight and he says as far as he can tell there wasn't a pause at the factory because none of his other "allocations" for the dealership are showing delays. Then again he can't tell me anything about my truck as he still can't verify if it was manufactured last week one way or another (he says this is normal).

On the finance deadline he adamantly insists there is no such thing as holding the paperwork for 10 days, writing it up before the vehicle is on-site etc. I have challenged him on this topic multiple times. He says the VIN isn't good enough because there is some other kind of number on the sticker they do not have visibility to ahead of time necessary for any Honda Finance paperwork to start. So basically until it hits the lot nothing can be done. He does however (unofficially) think the deal may be extended. If Honda is indeed experiencing manufacturing delays due to silicon shortages impacting deliveries you would think they would naturally extend current deals.

·
Administrator
20,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,546 ·
Talked to my dealer tonight and he says as far as he can tell there wasn't a pause at the factory because none of his other "allocations" for the dealership are showing delays.
In typical fashion, your dealer is either ignorant or lying.

·
Registered
241 Posts
In typical fashion, your dealer is either ignorant or lying.

Agreed, find a better dealer. Mine had to look up the financing when I told them about it, but they said after reviewing their HFS materials they could hold it for 10 days. Honda is very likely to renew the financing anyway, so it may become moot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Talked to my dealer tonight and he says as far as he can tell there wasn't a pause at the factory because none of his other "allocations" for the dealership are showing delays. Then again he can't tell me anything about my truck as he still can't verify if it was manufactured last week one way or another (he says this is normal).

On the finance deadline he adamantly insists there is no such thing as holding the paperwork for 10 days, writing it up before the vehicle is on-site etc. I have challenged him on this topic multiple times. He says the VIN isn't good enough because there is some other kind of number on the sticker they do not have visibility to ahead of time necessary for any Honda Finance paperwork to start. So basically until it hits the lot nothing can be done. He does however (unofficially) think the deal may be extended. If Honda is indeed experiencing manufacturing delays due to silicon shortages impacting deliveries you would think they would naturally extend current deals.

-UPDATE-

My dealer called me first thing this morning with an update. He said they were just informed Honda was shutting down production for several weeks due to lack of parts. The dealership's allocated vehicles for May have been cut to ZERO.

Good news for me however - apparently my BE + HPD truck was indeed produced last week and apparently one of the last before the shutdown. Currently in transit (train?) with the ETA of arriving at the dealership in ~2 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,155 Posts
-UPDATE-

My dealer called me first thing this morning with an update. He said they were just informed Honda was shutting down production for several weeks due to lack of parts. the dealership's allocated vehicles for May have been cut to ZERO.

Good news for me however - apparently my BE + HPD truck was indeed produced last week and apparently one of the last before the shutdown. Currently in transit (train?) with the ETA of arriving at the dealership in ~2 weeks.
I will hold my comments until @zroger73 shares his thoughts with us. Guess my 2021 that was scheduled for production on April 16th is off the board.

·
Administrator
20,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,550 ·
I haven't seen any press releases or insider discussion on this. Honda shut down the week of March 22 then extended the shutdown for another week before resuming production on April 5. It's entirely possible they've shut down again. If so, confirmation should only be hours away.

Car lots are becoming ghost towns. I passed the local Ford dealer on my way to the tint shop this morning and was floored to see how emaciated their inventory is. Normally, you can barely drive through their lot. Today, you can set up an autocross course on it - and that's no exaggeration. Their used lot is similarly thin. From the road, it doesn't look too bad because they've lined up what inventory they do have around the perimeter. It's when you look in between the vehicles or drive through the lot that you realize just how unprecedented this inventory shortage is.

Ford and Stellantis have resorted to partially building and finding places to store trucks then finishing them whenever they can get chips.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I haven't seen any press releases or insider discussion on this. Honda shut down the week of March 22 then extended the shutdown for another week before resuming production on April 5. It's entirely possible they've shut down again. If so, confirmation should only be hours away.

Car lots are becoming ghost towns. I passed the local Ford dealer on my way to the tint shop this morning and was floored to see how emaciated their inventory is. Normally, you can barely drive through their lot. Today, you can set up an autocross course on it - and that's no exaggeration. Their used lot is similarly thin. From the road, it doesn't look too bad because they've lined up what inventory they do have around the perimeter. It's when you look in between the vehicles or drive through the lot that you realize just how unprecedented this inventory shortage is.

Ford and Stellantis have resorted to building and storing trucks then finishing them whenever they can get chips.
I noticed something similar driving past the John Deere dealer yesterday. Where there are usually maybe 25 tractors there were probably 6 or 7. Most of the time there are a slew of subcompacts that consumers use (vs. farmers & other commercial users).

·
Registered
51 Posts

Ford and Stellantis have resorted to partially building and finding places to store trucks then finishing them whenever they can get chips.
Perhaps there is a lag in the information given to or as interpreted by the dealerships. Maybe the Honda production halt is over but they dealers are just learning of it and therefore speaking of it in present tense. Then again my truck was indeed manufactured last week as they have the VIN. Perhaps just some of Honda factories are shut down or were idled? Empty car dealer parking lots (multiple manufacturers) is however telling and undeniable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
-UPDATE-

My dealer called me first thing this morning with an update. He said they were just informed Honda was shutting down production for several weeks due to lack of parts. The dealership's allocated vehicles for May have been cut to ZERO.

I visited me dealer today to do my final selections of accessories. He said for the first time in his thirty years at the dealership ZERO cars are allocated to arrive for next month. Same outlook for June also is the indication he said. He reiterated that Honda production is shut down cold now due to the chip shortage.

Something as unprecedented as this should be easy to verify right?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,155 Posts
If this were true, you would think it would be mentioned somewhere in print.

Reactions: Razor

·
Registered
'21 Ridgeline RTL-E, '07 Ridgeline, '08 997TT
239 Posts
Anyone use this or a similar product?

I’ve used similar products before on a Porsche 911 and a Porsche Boxster. I never did a before/after dyno on either car, but I did track the Boxster and my “butt dyno” and lap times didn’t seem to sense or indicate any significant gains.

The biggest gain I noticed in both cars (more in the Boxster) was an increase in glorious flat six intake sound. I’d do it again for sound only, but I don’t think the intakes provided any meaningful power gains. Just my (non-scientific) opinion. 👍🏻

1541 - 1560 of 1570 Posts