Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Honda announces redesigned 2021 Ridgeline

312K views 2K replies 259 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 · (Edited)
  • New sheet metal (front fenders and hood with "power bulge")
  • More upright grille
  • New front bumper
  • Side vents that route air through the bumper and around the front tires and wheels
  • Body color is extended farther down the front bumper
  • Prominent "skid plate"
  • Reshaped rear bumper (loses chrome inserts)
  • Twin exhaust outlets
  • "Tougher looking" 18-inch wheels with backspacing reduced 10 mm, increasing track width a total of 20 mm
  • All-season tires with a new, more aggressive sidewall and shoulder design
  • New HPD Package adds a unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics on the bed walls
  • Four new PPO (dealer-installed) packages that include HPD, Utility, Function and Function+ packages
  • Volume knob
  • New contrast stitching on the seats
  • Sport, RTL and RTL-E trims have new dash, steering wheel and center console accents (gray instead of glossy black)
  • Standard, updated LED low-beam headlights (high beams are still halogen)
  • Wireless phone charger
  • Turn signals in the mirrors
  • LED fog lights
  • Smaller front turn signals
  • Radiant Red Metallic II replaces Deep Scarlet Pearl
Note that the plastic fender flares are optional - they do not come standard on 2020 Ridgeline.

See less See more
#1,179 ·
That info contradicts what I was told by Honda. I contacted them through their "online chat" feature and I was told that the new 2021 Ridgeline did not have ACC with Low Speed Follow. The gentleman I texted with indicated it was the same ACC that was in the 2020's.

#1,177 ·
For those interested in the skidplate(s), this video starts with a view of the undercarriage. It shows what seems like a thin metal skidplate over the driveshaft. Other undercarriage components seem to be wrapped in a protective material.

This video shows a 90-degree view relative to what's above (starting right where the undercarriage look is):

#1,191 ·
I do not have any experience with Honda ventilated seats, but Ive owned several cars with them (Mercedes, VW, Dodge) and unequivocally - none of them were worth a darn. I mean big zero - no way I could tell that they were even on if it were not for the fan noise (or the outdoor temp was below 55 degrees and I turned them on accidentialy) . The ONLY car I ever felt even a minor bit of cooling seat effect was a Cadillac XTS I rented last year. I feel a little bit like the Emporor has no clothes on cooled seats.

Now the digital dash from the Ody?... That would be a big step up.

#1,197 ·
I agree with your ventilated seat experiences.

A friend and I used to shuttle an Audi A8 (various years) to and from Florida and never understood the attraction of this feature. We really didn’t notice any effect.

And, when I was at a Ford dealer one day, an item on their service menu was the cost to change the ventilated seat filters. No thanks.

#1,196 ·
Been there, done that, on the tractor.

No fancy coil springs needed, that seat perched you on the end of a leaf spring! Actually quite comfy riding through a plowed field.

Makes me think those BoF trucks with Hotchkiss suspension should have maybe suspended the axle on the ends of the leaf springs instead of the middle, but that probably would've taken up too much space..

#1,203 ·
I stopped by my local dealer today and they had one Sport HPD on the lot. It was really impressive looking in person. Much better than in photos for that matter. She told me they got it in on Wednesday and sold it 2 days later. They were awaiting the new owner's arrival to pick it up. She also said it had 5 potential buyers in that short time frame. She also said they were getting in a few RTLs this coming Wednesday, so other dealerships should also be getting their RTLs very soon.

#1,204 ·
1) As I was perusing Honda website, which I've realized has lots of errors, I saw a pic of the Ridgeline showing/listed as the Forest Mist color... Has to just be an error, I assume. 2) Anyone know if the wireless charger can have that ugly Caution message removed, assuming it's a sticker? I like the charger but not the warning label... Pics below..

#1,209 ·
Was just thinking as I am sitting here waiting for a May delivery timeframe for my BE + HPD trim which I put a $1K deposit on with one of my local dealerships;

Is there a way for us to search Honda's national inventory (US) for a particular vehicle trim including "allocated" + in transit? Is global visibility into that database proprietary to Honda and / or their dealerships? I am not an application or web developer but these days there seems to be bots & services that search 24x7 for everything from sneakers to PS5s - why not vehicles? I would be perfectly willing to drive or fly to another state in order to pickup a vehicle. Honda's current finance offer is set to expire before my trim is supposed to arrive at my local dealership so time = money. Seems all Honda dealerships have searchable local inventory tools on their individual website so the data seems to be readily public - we just need a list of ALL dealerships with some sort of a scraper / tracker / notifyer.

#1,213 ·
#1,215 ·
Early buyer of a 2017 RTL-E, had several "features" that made me unhappy: 1) No tailgate lock, fixed with aftermarket parts, 2) Rear door opening too small, fixed with front strap install, 3) Didn't like all the chrome, replaced door handles with body color OEM units, had all other exterior chrome blacked out with vinyl, de-badged the tailgate but painted the H logo black, This appearance stuff was pretty $$ but was determined not to buy/own the BE since black paint is so difficult to manage/take care of. (However, the vinyl is somewhat fragile and is now in need of replacement in several areas. This may cancel out the "won't own another black vehicle" thing and eventually lead me to a BE.) and finally, 4) the huge turning radius..... something I could not fix.

It really bugs me to have a mid sized truck and having to park it like it is 3' longer than it actually is. I also need both opposite lanes to do a simple U turn. Crazy and annoying. So can someone with hands on experience tell us if the (modest) reduction of the 2021 turning radius is helpful? Tempted to trade up but this turning radius thing really needs to be fixed by Honda...... Thanks

#1,220 ·
It really bugs me to have a mid sized truck and having to park it like it is 3' longer than it actually is. I also need both opposite lanes to do a simple U turn. Crazy and annoying. So can someone with hands on experience tell us if the (modest) reduction of the 2021 turning radius is helpful? Tempted to trade up but this turning radius thing really needs to be fixed by Honda...... Thanks
Have you tried out the turning radius of a crew cab Tacoma, Colorado or Ranger? Last time I checked, they were not significantly better, but I haven't checked the latest models. I once read that the RL's transverse V6 engine and front wheel drive system creates limits on how far the front wheels could be turned inboard. There's also a difference in bumper-to-bumper vs. curb-to-curb turning diameter, where the shorter front overhang on the RL allows for a smaller turning diameter when solid walls or vertical sufaces (including light poles, trees and fencing) are involved. That said, the RL's wide turning radius has been an adjustment for me.

#1,222 ·
Drove through the lot at a Honda store today and they have a white 2021 Touring in stock. The VIN is 5FPYK3F7XMB500085.

Does Honda do sequential VIN's irrespective of the destination country? If so, this is a very early build period but if not, this is an early Canadian build.

#1,223 ·
Heard back from my local (western PA) dealer today.. I'd asked if they knew anything on when might see RTL or RTLE. I also asked to make sure the Forest Mist color depicted in Honda website pic gallery was an error. He confirmed the latter, said no indication they will make RL available in Forest Mist.
On the former, the line was that a 'chip' specific to RTL and RTLE had production slowed by Covid and they were hearing they may not get RTL/E til mid summer. Invited me down to drive a sport as it 'will drive/feel the same' so I kinda feel like the chip delay may just be a strategy to coax me into a Sport that they have now... Anyone else hear something like this or think it makes sense?
Forest Mist Green 'pic':

#1,224 ·
Heard back from my local (western PA) dealer today.. I'd asked if they knew anything on when might see RTL or RTLE. I also asked to make sure the Forest Mist color depicted in Honda website pic gallery was an error. He confirmed the latter, said no indication they will make RL available in Forest Mist.
On the former, the line was that a 'chip' specific to RTL and RTLE had production slowed by Covid and they were hearing they may not get RTL/E til mid summer. Invited me down to drive a sport as it 'will drive/feel the same' so I kinda feel like the chip delay may just be a strategy to coax me into a Sport that they have now... Anyone else hear something like this or think it makes sense?
Forest Mist Green 'pic':
I have a dealer near me that finally shows one RTL in transit. I emailed them about it and got the usual line about putting down $1,000 to hold it, as it seems others are getting but I think that I am going to hold out for an RTL-E. For me, the difference is the DRLs and I really want the LED eyebrows. I can't see spending $40K for a vehicle and getting high-beam DRLs. I thought about getting the RTL and converting them later but my guess is that it will be years before there are 2021 headlights around, much less at a reasonable price.

#1,230 ·
My local dealer shows an RTL-E in transit with the VIN 5FPYK3F77MB005360 (Modern Steel Metallic). They also have 2 Sport and 1 RTL coming soon. Another dealer has two RTL- E's coming with VIN 5FPYK3F76MB004412 (Lunar Silver) and 5FPYK3F73MB004612 (Pacific Pewter) It looks like at least those 3 colors wiil make an appearance soon.

#1,233 ·
My local dealer, Urse Honda in Clarksburg said they are suppose to receive 2 RTL-E's tomorrow. We'll see. No other information was given.

#1,234 ·
I think my local dealer is trying the "scarcity" method. Here is his email:

I can change any truck that they give me, to match an exact order you would want. The only exception to that, is if they stop building the exact car that you requested for that particular ordering time frame. That usually only happens at the end of the model year.

Here is an example: If they give me a RTL in Red, with a HPD Package, I can drop the package and change the color ( as long as the color is not on a temporary hold). We are a relatively large dealership, so I should receive at least one Ridgeline in every Model option we are looking at. ( Sport or RTL)

I do this all the time for customers. It is not the most popular way, because it takes 90 + days.

Please trust that I know this can work. If it was going to be unsuccessful, I would know this on 02/17/2021.

To order the Truck I would need a Non-Refundable 1000.00 deposit before Tuesday 02/16/2021. We would also want to disclose all values for trade-in and pricing on a signed buyers order to safe guard all parties.

If the order did not go through (we would know this on 02/17/2021), or the vehicle came in damaged or without the proper equipment, the Deposit would be refunded for our inability to fulfill the agreement.

Please let me know when you can come in for appraisal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.