Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Honda announces redesigned 2021 Ridgeline

312K views 2K replies 259 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 · (Edited)
  • New sheet metal (front fenders and hood with "power bulge")
  • More upright grille
  • New front bumper
  • Side vents that route air through the bumper and around the front tires and wheels
  • Body color is extended farther down the front bumper
  • Prominent "skid plate"
  • Reshaped rear bumper (loses chrome inserts)
  • Twin exhaust outlets
  • "Tougher looking" 18-inch wheels with backspacing reduced 10 mm, increasing track width a total of 20 mm
  • All-season tires with a new, more aggressive sidewall and shoulder design
  • New HPD Package adds a unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics on the bed walls
  • Four new PPO (dealer-installed) packages that include HPD, Utility, Function and Function+ packages
  • Volume knob
  • New contrast stitching on the seats
  • Sport, RTL and RTL-E trims have new dash, steering wheel and center console accents (gray instead of glossy black)
  • Standard, updated LED low-beam headlights (high beams are still halogen)
  • Wireless phone charger
  • Turn signals in the mirrors
  • LED fog lights
  • Smaller front turn signals
  • Radiant Red Metallic II replaces Deep Scarlet Pearl
Note that the plastic fender flares are optional - they do not come standard on 2020 Ridgeline.

See less See more
#6 ·
Standard Safe Collison Warning features. Good to see that. Looks like they downplayed the 2wd being FWD with comments about the AWD features of this and that. Whatever. It's a good AWD system. I'd like to know if they've improved the Transmission cooling system personally. The one that's on these 17's is suspect.

Steve

#14 ·
It's interesting that the infotainment system gets a volume knob, but it's not the newer infotainment system with updated graphics and 4G LTE connectivity found in the Odyssey/Pilot/Passport. I'm glad to see it didn't get the new "Fisher-Price" instrument cluster with the horizontal tachometer.

Still no LED high beams.

PPO = Post Production Option (dealer-installed)

Ventilated seats and power folding mirrors in US?
There are no controls for those features in any of the photos or videos.

#18 ·
I admit I was wrong on another post where I said the Passport nose would be as 'masculine' as it could get without looking odd. This looks pretty good. Really good actually. The fender flares still look odd (the cut out for the gas tank and the abrupt end at the front door, but it fits a little better than prev years. Would like to see some pics of lower trim vehicles

Would be interesting if there are unmentioned changes to the suspension to facilitate the new offset (considering the brouhaha here anytime someone adds spacers or aftermarket wheels)

Other than that damn ZF9 I would entertain trading in my 2017.

#19 ·
I wonder if visibility over the nose has changed at all with the extra nose bump. Not that I can see my hood anyway, but a big detractor of the other trucks I test drove was the huge bus sized blind spot in front of the vehicle because I'm too short. That said, this look may have to grow on me, because it kind of looks like the G2 had it's face mushed in like a pug.

#20 ·
Even though I have a 2020 RTL-E, I'm a sucker and will probably jump on this. I had two RAM 1500s between my G1 and G2s and really liked the cool stuff - aka dual exhausts, power bulge, etc. Everything indicates the same interior dimensions, so I can probably just most my accessories over (even the Extang tonneau which has been on my 2017 and 2020).

#22 ·

• All-new sheet metal from the front roof pillars forward
  • New hood sporting a pronounced power bulge
  • New front fenders that emphasize the squared-off nose
  • More upright grille
  • New front bumper
  • Side vents that route air through the bumper and around the front tires and wheels
  • Body color is also extended farther down the front bumper
  • Prominent skid plate
  • Reshaped rear bumper
  • Twin exhaust outlets
  • Tougher looking 18-inch wheels with backspacing reduced 10 mm, increasing track width a total of 20 mm
  • All-season tires with a new, more aggressive sidewall and shoulder design
  • New HPD Package adds a unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics on the bed walls
  • Four new PPO packages that include HPD, Utility, Function and Function+ packages
  • Updated Display Audio system with crisp new graphics, easier-to-use touchscreen icons, and a physical volume knob
  • New contrast stitching on the seats, and Sport, RTL and RTL-E trims have new dash, steering wheel and center console accents
View attachment 406403
View attachment 406402
View attachment 406401
Wow this looks great! When my 17 rtlt dies...I will def upgrade still dont like push button shifter though....BUT ITS RIDICULIOUS ALL THESE PEOPLE STILL COMPLAINING THAT THWY ARENT HAPPY WITH THE REFRESH....ALL THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE HAD WAS WITH THE FRONT END NOT LOOKING TRUCKISH WELL I LIKE BOTH VERSIONS...U CANT MAKE ANYONE HAPPY....GEEEZZZ COMPLAIN COMPLAIN

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not sold on the fender flair trim, but I do think the front clip update is definitely an improvement.

Wheel changes (finally a new design) and a wider track are welcome. Wish it had the new 10 speed, but no surprise, given that they just swapped the 6 for the 9 last year.

I like most of what I see, save for the overdone fender flairs. My jury is still out on the ram-horn ish chrome trim on the front, but it's still an improvement over the current design.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

#55 ·
I think those fender flares/trim will just be on the HPD package. Just an assumption that non-HPD will have the current model fender trim size. I'd like to find out more about the other PPO packages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.