Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I just happened to look on Amazon for past orders and clicked on DW-1 that I had previously ordered. The current price was about $72 for 6 quarts. Not a bad price but when I scrolled down it showed other sellers had it for $25 so I decided to order it even though I already had enough for a few oil changes. When I added it to the cart the price was suddenly $16.60 (with free Prime shipping)! It was really tempting to change the quantity from 1 to 2 cases but I figured I had a lifetime supply anyway. Sold by Amazon, not a third party, and I'm hoping it is really genuine Honda as the picture shows. Going back to the site a few minutes later and the lowest price is now $66.
Placed on today, January 14
Honda 08200-9008 DW1 Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - 6 Pack
Automotive
Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC
$16.60

Registered
It looks like you were in the right place at the right time! 馃榿

Bill

Registered
2006 Ridgeline w/ 148K miles
Thanks for sharing the link @Camelot ! I just placed an order for the $16.60 price. Amazing glitch.

Registered
Hopefully it's not counterfeit. I know there is a lot of counterfeit parts on ebay/amazon such as spark plugs and fuel pumps, but I had not heard of fluids.....yet. Hard to believe they would make much profit at 2.75/qt selling fake stuff but you never know. Maybe smell it and compare it to a dealer sourced bottle? My understanding is DW-1 has a distinct smell.

Registered
In the reviews:

I got 1 bottle. The review shows many people are getting only 1 bottle. This seller is NOT reliable. Every now and then this price changes to $18 plus tax. I bought it for $18 plus tax which ended up being $20. But when it got delivered, there was only 1 bottle in the box instead of 6 bottles. Look at the reviews. So many people are getting only 1 bottle delivered. But Amazon will refund your full money and you get to keep the 1 quart! see less
By PetitFrereArmada on December 19, 2021

Keep us posted as to what you receive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the reviews:

I got 1 bottle. The review shows many people are getting only 1 bottle. This seller is NOT reliable. Every now and then this price changes to $18 plus tax. I bought it for $18 plus tax which ended up being $20. But when it got delivered, there was only 1 bottle in the box instead of 6 bottles. Look at the reviews. So many people are getting only 1 bottle delivered. But Amazon will refund your full money and you get to keep the 1 quart! see less
By PetitFrereArmada on December 19, 2021

Keep us posted as to what you receive.
So far it is not clear to me who the actual seller is. My invoice says "Sold by Amazon Services, LLC" but the description on Amazon (for the $75 set) says "Sold by G.P.S.". Sounds like I can't lose either way. It will be 6 bottles for $16.60 or 1 bottle for free. Not something I'm planning on using in the near future anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my Amazon delivery of ATF DW-1 arrived today.
Sadly, but not totally surprising, there was only one bottle in the box (it was a small box) and not a 6-pack as described.
I'll be sending it back tomorrow.
I don't understand why they would intentionally do this since they pay for shipping. Maybe some people don't bother to return it and wind up paying over $16 for one quart.
In a few years when I use up my supply of DW-1 I might switch to Valvoline Maxlife.
So far, with 93,000 miles on my 2005 the tranny seems fine except for an occasional flashing D.

Registered
So my Amazon delivery of ATF DW-1 arrived today.
Sadly, but not totally surprising, there was only one bottle in the box (it was a small box) and not a 6-pack as described.
I'll be sending it back tomorrow.
I don't understand why they would intentionally do this since they pay for shipping. Maybe some people don't bother to return it and wind up paying over $16 for one quart.
In a few years when I use up my supply of DW-1 I might switch to Valvoline Maxlife.
So far, with 93,000 miles on my 2005 the tranny seems fine except for an occasional flashing D.
If shipped and sold by Amazon why not call them?

Registered
If it's to good to be true then it probably is.
Amazon has become a China Clone outlet for the most part.
I find other alternatives, especially when it comes to important items such as parts.

Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
A couple months ago, I ordered some Bormioli Rocco 21oz glass drinking glasses from Amazon. They sent 16oz glasses. I told them about it and returned them, on their dime. Did this FOUR TIMES before they finally got the order correct.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts