Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have had our truck for about three weeks now and hubby and I are feeling somewhat like local celebrities since everywhere we go people's heads snap around and folks gawk and point. Hubby likes to think it is because he is a Hollywood movie star lookalike (ahem:confused), but of course, it's the truck! But, today takes the cake!

We went for lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. As we were waiting outside to be called a group of 5 gentlemen were gathered talking. Now, these guys were not your average east TN hillbilly's. We had one with broken English speaking with a heavy Italian accent, one looked just like Rod Stewart, including the age and hair, another looked like something right out of The Godfather; all of them had shoes on that probably cost more than mine and hubby's clothes put together. One of them spotted our truck. He shrieked and pointed to the truck and exclaims to the others: "LOOK! It's a Honda Avalanche! Let's go over and look at it!!!!! I have heard all about this truck, it is supposed to be WILD!". So, off they practically run to the truck. At that point I ask hubby if he wanted to go talk to them. He said, um, no, I don't like concrete.

At any rate, I just wanted to share this story and I just am hoping that sales are enough for sustain Honda continuing to produce the Ridgeline. I hope that they can pick up the advertising so that folks start to really know the brand and the truck.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
SmokyMtnRidger said:
We have had our truck for about three weeks now and hubby and I are feeling somewhat like local celebrities since everywhere we go people's heads snap around and folks gawk and point. Hubby likes to think it is because he is a Hollywood movie star lookalike (ahem:confused), but of course, it's the truck! But, today takes the cake!

We went for lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. As we were waiting outside to be called a group of 5 gentlemen were gathered talking. Now, these guys were not your average east TN hillbilly's. We had one with broken English speaking with a heavy Italian accent, one looked just like Rod Stewart, including the age and hair, another looked like something right out of The Godfather; all of them had shoes on that probably cost more than mine and hubby's clothes put together. One of them spotted our truck. He shrieked and pointed to the truck and exclaims to the others: "LOOK! It's a Honda Avalanche! Let's go over and look at it!!!!! I have heard all about this truck, it is supposed to be WILD!". So, off they practically run to the truck. At that point I ask hubby if he wanted to go talk to them. He said, um, no, I don't like concrete.

At any rate, I just wanted to share this story and I just am hoping that sales are enough for sustain Honda continuing to produce the Ridgeline. I hope that they can pick up the advertising so that folks start to really know the brand and the truck.
This a classic..!!!! AMH what the heck, educate america about the Ridgeline, will ya?:p

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Or you could offer to take them for a ride. I bet that they would be so impressed that they would make you an offer that you couldn't refuse...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts