Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Honda Bra, the front of my Ridgeline is taking a beating from all kinds of crap & bugs. Does the Bra have mesh inserts? And is it easy to install.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey roger, I've got the Honda front mask and it works great! Kinda tough to get mounted the very first time but it will protect the front end and does come with nylon mesh for all the grill openings. I would not leave it on in the rain or during a car wash though. :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I got one recently. It does have mesh inserts and is fairly easy to install. The first time will probably take about 30 minutes while you figure out how it fits and cut for the license plate and fog lamps if you have them. You have to tug at it fairly hard in some places, like the wheel arches and especially to get the hood clips in place. They are about 4 inches short and you'll feel sure that the elastic won't stretch far enough, but it does with some perseverance. There is also a one-off fitting of a couple of push-button tabs in the wheel arches. That's easy but be very careful not to drop the fitting behind the wheel arch liner as getting it back won't be easy.

I have to say that I'm questioning the wisdom of my purchase. I bought it to protect the truck from the salt that will get dumped on Maryland roads in the coming months and then flung into the air by the vehicle in front, but I didn't expect to have to remove the bra everytime it gets wet. I guess I should have done more research.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Super happy with mine. It lifts and separates.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Awsome color..........:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
How do you like the matching port-o-potty?

L

·
0 Posts
The port-a potty um..err.....oh never mind. GO SILVER!! :D
Nice nose mask!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I've never used a bra but I would think that, even in a sterile environment, the constant rubbing against the vehicle's finish would be a bad thing. It also seems to me that even the slightest bit of grit, sand, road grime, etc. between the bra and paint would act as an abrasive. What does the paint look like after long term usage? This is also the reason that I haven't considered a bed liner. It seems that they would wear the finish off of the bed and do more harm than good. :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
My 1999 Acura TL had one the first 5 years I've owned it.

So today the car has no stone chips, very very slightly noticible wear marks along the edge of where the sewn edge of the bra goes across the fender to the snap in the wheel well and across the hood. No wear on the other 95% of where the bra touched the vehicle. Remember I'm talking about a car that is about to turn 7 in Nov.

So I had to exchange the effort to remove the bra when I wash the vehicle, wash regularly, say every other weekend, and wax it properly. For that I got zero stone chips on the front. In addition I had a hub cap once cross the center divider and hit the front end. I nervously removed the front cover and to my delight not a mark on the car. The bra was cut and ended up tossed.

I can remove the Ridgeline one in less than 2 minutes. Install in 5.

So not a bad deal in my opinion so I decided to do again for the Ridgeline.

We are about to drive Atlanta to Los Angeles so I'm happy to have it for that trip.

You can have the bra off and then pop on when conditions warrant, of course only on a freshly washed car.

Bug cleanup is fantastic. Take a drive in a clean car and end up with just the front end covered in bug hits. I only have to go out to the garage and clean the windows with Stoner's Invisible Glass and the bra and mirrors with a wet wash cloth and save a complete car wash.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just listed one in Trading Post! $85.00 gets it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the great feed back, In other words removed the bra when wet & keep the paint clean & well waxed under the bra.
Great information, thanks for all of your help. I liked the bit about the green Porta Potty.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts