Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a contradiction in the Vehicle Service Contract that we bought, and called Honda on it. The customer service rep said, "oh, it's a mistake, don't worry about it" but when I pressed about "will it be corrected" he gave me to Contracts department. They seemed completely flustered that their lawyers might have made a mistake (!horrors, they're paid to get this stuff right!) but I have yet to hear back from them on what their position is on it. The apparent contradiction:

Both the Application (w/Example contract) and the Vehicle Service Contract booklet state (VSC page 2) under A. PARTS that FUEL SYSTEM is covered.

But then on page 4 of the VSC, section IV. WHAT IS NOT COVERED, first para A you will find listed as NOT COVERED the very same words, "fuel system".

I cannot find a way to read this as anything but a direct contradiction, and of course the Fuel System would include some very serious stuff like the tank, the neck, the fuel pump, perhaps injectors, etc.

I don't really doubt that if the fuel pump broke, my dealer would fix it, but if I'm right about the contradiction it causes me to wonder what else Honda got wrong about the contract. :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
bongus said:
Looks like I need to do more reading tonight. :cool:
Prolly won't be a problem for us...our dealership has been pretty honorable when it comes to standing behind the products. I've been a repeat customer with lots of warranty stuff for years. Half the things they have replaced were to just quiet any creaking I did not like in my prior cars, the actual units were probably still perfectly functional. As long as you have the Honda Care and things are caused by mfg. defects :) and not owner negligence...you are pretty guranteed to get it replaced.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I agree CR, Brian M at Mel's has been a great resource. He is just as interested in the cars as the owners, at least that what I feel when I deal with him...excellent customer service. I actually live closer to the Roseville guys. I hate to bad mouth people but that dealership was the worst ever!!! And I like to think of myself as a tolerant person...those guys just pissed me off. :mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some places you are just a number. It pays to get to know the service advisors. Brian is a good guy. He's been taking care of my vehicles since my civic and accord days. Anyone going to Mels, he's the guy to look up in the service department.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts