Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

341 - 349 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,252 Posts
I went through the entire 17 pages looking for answer to what is likely a stupid question, is Hondacare transferable or only to original buyer of the warranty?
See Article VIII TRANSFER OF CONTRACT on page 9 (PDF page 11/28) of the Hondacare VSC attached in this post:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2019 RTL E with less than 1000 miles. I'm thinking of getting Honda care for 6 years/80000 $100 deductible at $770. Anyone had any positive or negative experiences with Honda Care? Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I've posted this before. On my Accord I had a problem with the struts that was related to an assembly error of not tightening a bolt properly.. Outside the 3/36 Honda Care would not cover it Why do you ask? The answer is because HonaCare covers failed parts, not how they are assembled. Point is don't simply assume that HondaCare takes over when the 3/36 or 5/60 ends.

Overall, I've lost money with Hondacare but had some $1300 and $400 repairs covered on past vehicles. Still, I like the peace of mind. Also, the RL has a rash of problems (fuel injectors, tailgate harness) that Honda doesn't address with warranty extensions so I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I as well bought the 8yr/120k 0 deductible plan for my 2019.

Not as much concerned about mechanical stuff failing as I am with all the new electronics. I as well have an RTL-E so safety sense has a ton of stuff I will never be able to fix if something goes bad. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No experience using yet... i have a 19 RL with about 1500 miles.
And i just bought the 8yr 120k plan.
I did too. I had a minor repair done to the front end due to a hole in the plastic fascia (no idea how it happened). The checking of the sensors alone was hundreds of dollars. It wouldn't take more than a couple of covered repairs to pay for the contract. Given the electronics in mine (RTL-E), it was a no-brainer. Bought on-line.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m about to purchase it. Shop around at some of the dealers identified in this thread - significantly less expensive than the local dealer who sold me the RL.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2019 RTL E with less than 1000 miles. I'm thinking of getting Honda care for 6 years/80000 $100 deductible at $770. Anyone had any positive or negative experiences with Honda Care? Advice appreciated.
Don't do it.

You are only getting 1 yr (powertrain) & 3 years (B2B) of additional coverage.
The chances of having a covered failure during that narrow time window are quite small.
I've NEVER owned a vehicle that required any repairs (let alone a $770 one) during the first 6 years/80K miles.

Do yourself a favor...put that $770 in a CD or online MM account.
If you happen to have a problem during that window, use those funds to pay for it.
If not, you've kept yourself from throwing nearly $1000 down the drain.

341 - 349 of 349 Posts