Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Honda Care warranties are priced $25 over cost. This is a special offer made to any club member interested. Please send me a pm or email if you would like more info.

Thanks,
Chris
Honda Morristown :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up to 24 months or 24k miles no surcharge. After 24 months but before 36 months and 36k miles $60 surcharge. After 36/36 but before the 42/42k then a $160 surcharge.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Don't mess around go with christn. These guys will treat you right. When I bought my Ridgeline, my dealer supposedly gave me the preferred rate and they were charging me $1700.00!!! I feel sorry for the guy that was offered the non-preferred rate. Man...these dealers make me laugh but the sad thing is they probably get a good number of their customers to fall for their crazy mark-up.

·
Registered
996 Posts
christn said:
Up to 24 months or 24k miles no surcharge. After 24 months but before 36 months and 36k miles $60 surcharge. After 36/36 but before the 42/42k then a $160 surcharge.
Yes, I'm definitly Interested Chris. Could you post your contact info and Phone number. What was the exact price again. I think it was under 1,100, but can't find it on this board. It sounds like I've got a little bit of time to decide. I'd like to write your contact info down and put it in a safe place.

It's 7 year/ 100 thousand miles correct? bumper to bumper? any exclusions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can reach me at [email protected]. The price for the 7/100/$0 is $1075. Our phone number is 423-581-0987. Darryl Setsor is our finance manager and he will handle all request on the Honda CAre.

Thanks to all,
Chris

·
Registered
536 Posts
...just to verify, this is the offical Honda Warranty and not a different 3rd party company?

I recently had an employee with difficulty with a 3rd party warranty company, the MN AG office had to get into it, before the repairs were paid for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whaleya said:
...just to verify, this is the offical Honda Warranty and not a different 3rd party company?

I recently had an employee with difficulty with a 3rd party warranty company, the MN AG office had to get into it, before the repairs were paid for.

Yes, it is Honda Care.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got my warranty from these folks today. When I bought my RL, my dealer quoted me $2,095. I saved over a thousand bucks! THANKS ROC! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Blah I got my warranty before I saw this thread and website. :( I know I can cancel it and get my money back and rebuy this one...but I think I will still pay interest on that 1495$ correct?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Zlash said:
Blah I got my warranty before I saw this thread and website. :( I know I can cancel it and get my money back and rebuy this one...but I think I will still pay interest on that 1495$ correct?
I think that is correct, if it was rolled into the financing. I didn't bite on the extended warranty at the price they wanted, so they came down a little, but I still wanted at least a week to think about it. If Chris can work the better deal, I'll definitly go that route, and I hope it works out that I never need to use it!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you cancel the financed contract and then purchase the cheaper contract, you will save a lot more than the difference between the two BUT ONLY IF YOU TAKE THAT DIFFERENCE AND APPLY IT TO YOUR LOAN. You will save the interest on the difference also because it will reduce your unpaid balance that you pay interest on every month. That savings makes a big difference in what your total of payments will be. That money is far better off in your pocket.

·
Registered
492 Posts
christn said:
You can reach me at [email protected]. The price for the 7/100/$0 is $1075. Our phone number is 423-581-0987. Darryl Setsor is our finance manager and he will handle all request on the Honda CAre.

Thanks to all,
Chris
Is this the same warranty my dealer offered me that 5 yrs or 100 miles which ever comes first and you haven't used the warranty after the 36 mark you get a full refund of the price paid for the extended warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honda Care does not offer a refund if you do not use the warranty. The have a prorated way of figuring the refund if canceled.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
christn said:
Honda Care does not offer a refund if you do not use the warranty. The have a prorated way of figuring the refund if canceled.
christn - Isn't it true, however, that the plan doesn't need to be established until just before the 36k mark? Is it possible they are selling him a Honda Care plan that won't start till 3years/36k miles down the road. I know this would be very silly but it is possible. It is also possible that the dealership is willing to eat the cost since they sell at a large markup anyway. The price you quoted and the dealership quoted were different by almost 100% (1950 for 7year/100k mile versus 1073 for the same period from you), so even with the prorated plan for the 1050 (their cost which is what Honda would return) assuming a true prorating over the full 7 years (which is unlikely since the majority of the service is back loaded, honda likely backloads the prorating also) that is $150 per year, or $450 the dealership would have to eat. Over the number of plans they sell they can probably safely swallow the 1 in 10 that possibly decide they don't want it, while still making their customers happy. Also let us not forget the percentage point they get from the financial companies that are now financing that $2k, this can also add up to help them reduce the cost of you canceling out of your plan.

But on the flip side, if I were offered such a statement, I would make sure it is written someplace on my contract. Since if they start you right off, they are essentially giving you 3 years of road side assistance for free if you later decide to drop the plan. I would think that christn is right that they have no intention to lose money and that you would only get a prorated return.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The refund if not used turns out to be a dealer plan. I called Honda regarding it. I'm going to the dealer today to get it in writing or I'm canceling and buying on here.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts