Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
If somthing happens it is. I have had some work done and it has saved me money. Just remember to bargin, that is one iteam that way marked up...

Not sure if I got a good deal but mine was
5years 100,000miles 100ded for $2,000.00 :eek:

not sure if iv'e saved 2000 but i have saved at the time of service....

hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I just bought it for my certified used Civic Si (1,950 miles on the odo). I figure since I'm going to be driving it hard (like the race car that it is), better get it. Two big pluses: you can sell it with the vehicle or two, you can sell it back to Honda at any point (prorated)

I paid $849. Don't know if that is a good price or not. The pencil pusher originally said that it would cost $999. I did the "I don't know, I guess not." He then looked at me and said, "Since it's at the end of the month, I'll sell it to you for $849." after he described the warranty to me again, I said "sold."

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Thanks,

I just picked it up tonight. Its a Grey RTL with Navi. Black interior. Any suggestions for accesories? Bedliner? Bedcover? Nerf Bars?
Sure, look in "Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods"

·
Registered
321 Posts
Extended warrantys are a waste of money. They fight you alone on the factory! There are quite a few articles that you can read on the do's and don'ts when buying a car and thats one of them.

As far as accessories in my opnion, get side steps first. It will save the corners of your seats and make sure you get the flat ones. the round ones dont offer as much footing.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Extended warrantys are a waste of money. They fight you alone on the factory! There are quite a few articles that you can read on the do's and don'ts when buying a car and thats one of them.
I think it depends on the vehicle. in my case, I got a sports car that I have no idea what happened the first 1,900 miles. The Si is a very high revving engine, was it broken in correctly? I have no idea. If the engine goes kaput at 70k, 80k or 90k miles, well worth the cost since the car has a hidden history.

... kinda like a new girlfriend, since you don't know her past, better protect yourself :eek::D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yes, driving 40,000 a year I've found in the past that I've used my extended FACTORY warranties. When I purchased my RL in Dec I also purchased the max which is 120,000 miles. Given past history, of about 2 million miles, I believe I'll probably use it within the next 5 years.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
some dealerships offer a complete refund on the "Honda Care" policy to the original purchaser if you dont use it for anything by the time it expires. You do have to read the fine print because it may also include using the Honda Care towing. The policy itself is transferrable.

Its just another come-on of course because many folks wont keep their vehicles that long. For me, I plan to go case by case (if necessary) and decide whether to do any work myself or use Honda Care. Ive never been a believer in these, especially with Honda, but this was enough for me to bite

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had never purchased an extended warranty but when I bought my '07 RL RTX I extended the warranty to 5yrs/80k for $650. I thought that was worth it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
just for kicks I checked it out and Florida residents are not eligible. Says to contact your local Honda dealer?:confused:
that sucks, I think they had some legal issues because they were pretty much cutting local dealers out of the loop and they complained to Honda. my state is eligible im considering one for my accord at 84 months 120k miles for 945 with 0 deductable, which is quite a bit less than my dealer wanted when i bought the car.

·
Registered
632 Posts
When buying my wife's CR-V the dealer told us we needed an extended warranty and it was $2000.00. I said no and it went down and I said no and it went down. When it hit $500.00 I said OK. We have used it and it has saved me alot of money. I thought it was a waste of money because I was buying a Honda. Crap happens. The crank bearing went out and was leaking oil. Extended warranty to the rescue. My best piece of advice is to buy the GAP insurance! I know from experience! (if you read my signature and see the '07 RTX RIP)

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Crap happens.
Yep...as they say...God favors the prepared. I bought my extended warranty because my RL was a first year vehicle and they had not worked out all the bugs yet. Reading about leaks and such here kinda pushed me towards buying it. To tell you the truth, even though I have not used it yet, I am really happy I have it. Nice to have the piece of mind if something goes to crap, it's not gonna empty the savings account.

Some decent prices on the myhondawarranty website. The 100K $0 deductible warranty they advertise is cheaper than I got using my cousin's "family discount".

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
It's been awhile since I bought a new Honda, but I'm sold on the Gen2. Since it's a new model and bound to have some issues out of the gate, as well as some long-term quirks, I would consider an extended warranty for peace of mind. Does anyone know if Honda will offer an extended warranty on the Gen2 and what the pricing would look like?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: Extended Warranty on Gen2?

I'm just saying this blindly: YES Honda will offer an extended warranty. They would be stupid not to offer it. Dealers make tons of money on extended warranties and prepaid maintenance packages. It's like free money for them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Re: Extended Warranty on Gen2?

If you buy a new vehicle you have a certain period of time to purchase the extended warranty from Honda. The price is negotiable so be sure to shop around. This is something you can email a bunch of dealers about to find the best rate. There are also some threads about purchasing EW on this site. Best to go prepared when you plan on purchasing your new vehicle. Just be sure you are buying the Honda Plan!

Extended Service Contracts | Honda Owners Site

1 - 20 of 336 Posts