Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 336 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts
Re: Extended Warranty on Gen2?

There's a dealer on the east coast, that sell's Honda warranty's for so far below cost, Honda has sue'd them multiple time.

I know they have been discussed on here and you can also Google Honda Extended Warranty's

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts

There's a dealer on the east coast, that sell's Honda warranty's for so far below cost, Honda has sue'd them multiple time.

I know they have been discussed on here and you can also Google Honda Extended Warranty's
Honda Care Vehicle Service Contract from Saccucci Honda

Additionally....

Honda Extended Warranty | Honda Care or direct

www.endurancewarranty.com

Also remember if you decide to sell the vehicle with time remaining on the warranty, most of those $ are available for a refund. Cost of the warranty / number of months of warranty = $ per Month. Remaining months are typically refunded.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts

I purchased Honda Care multiple times from Saccucci Honda online. Same thing you would get at your dealer, but saves much $$$. Only once did a dealer match the price that Saccucci gave me. I would have a quote from Saccucci printed out and bring it with me. Show it to the finance person when they try to upsell you the Honda Care. if they can meet it, get it. if not, buy it directly from Saccucci.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

For the most part extended warranties don't make financial sense, but if you really want one then go for it. Think of it as a type of insurance policy.
The LAST sentence in that article...
Consider an extended warranty for the long haul. All cars tend to become less reliable over time, so an extended warranty might be worth considering if you’re planning to keep your vehicle long after the factory warranty runs out.
I am expecting and hoping this will be the last new 4 wheeled vehicle I will ever buy so I am wondering how much the 8 year/120,000 miles warranty costs. However, I did buy an extended warranty for my Gold Wing. THAT, was a waste of money. Not a single problem. I should have known.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Will an extended warranty be offered by Honda. Would certainly think yes. Should you get one? Up to you but auto repairs are very expensive compared to the old days when a transmission could be rebuilt for a few hundred dollars.

How much is peace of mind worth? Sell privately? Warranty is transferable making a used sale easier.

After sales charged me $2,500 plus tax for a Honda Warranty that was "free," I canceled and purchased the same policy with NO deductible from Saccucci Honda for 900 and change. Painless.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts

I assume the 2017 will be like in the past, 3 years on everything and 5 years on the drive train; that is good enough for me. Dealerships love to sell extended warranties.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

But it's not a Pilot with a bed. Everything has been beefed up from the Pilot so that statement is false.
It is a Pilot with a bed !!!! Those same beefed up parts will most likely bolt onto the Pilot except for anything involving the bed.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

It is a Pilot with a bed !!!! Those same beefed up parts will most likely bolt onto the Pilot except for anything involving the bed.
Those parts are not on the Pilot, they are on the Ridgeline. Nina Agdal might go on a date with me that doesn't make it so. ;act028:

·
Super Moderator
12,754 Posts

But it's not a Pilot with a bed. Everything has been beefed up from the Pilot so that statement is false.
According to Honda, some suspension components were "beefed up" for the Ridgeline, but they've said nothing that indicates the engine and transmission are anything other than identical to the Pilot's.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

According to Honda, some suspension components were "beefed up" for the Ridgeline, but they've said nothing that indicates the engine and transmission are anything other than identical to the Pilot's.
I'm willing to bet a lot of those parts are gonna be used in the Pilot forums as upgrades.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Extended Warranties

Is upgrading the 3yr/36K to 7yr/100K worth 1K, I already have lifetime powertrain warranty with the dealer.

second

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Extended Warranties

Is upgrading the 3yr/36K to 7yr/100K worth 1K, I already have lifetime powertrain warranty with the dealer.

second
Lifetime powertrain warranties usually state you have to have ALL of the DEALER recommended work done there. Aka-they don't mean crap unless you spend a ton of money on useless services at the dealership. For $1k, that isn't half bad for pricing. It is up to you if it is worth the piece of mind.

Funny story. When I bought my 2004 4Runner I bought the extended warranty, and since I paid cash I got into a lower bracket for interest rate, which pretty much covered the cost! Winning!

21 - 40 of 336 Posts