Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
I agree with him for the most part. I would LOVE to see Honda plant a nice little diesel engine in the Ridgeline! They won't send it to the USA even if they build one... we're stuck with hybrids... a bad idea in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Why are hybrids a bad idea? There is nothing stopping us from having a hybrid with a diesel engine at the core. Why waste all the energy we produce in just heat? Hybrids are more about recovering energy that is produced and reducing energy needs through this reuse. I think every vehicle should be hybrid, but not a hybrid where you lower power or function, just a hybrid where you recover power and energy normally lost through heat.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Now that would be something. A diesel-hybrid engine. Could you imagine the savings if you run biodiesel in such an engine?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good!

The V6 is more than enough power, and Honda really has no need for a V8. I have now filled up 5 times since I got my Ridge, and my average overall MPG is 19.0, and that is easily 75%+ city driving. And when you step on the gas pedal, it really moves out once it hits about 5,000 RPM's. It has the muscle to tow, and kept right there with the "Big 3's" V8 engines in the tests.

There is no other V8 on the market you could slap in the Ridge and have it get this good of gas mileage, and perform this well. I'm more than happy with the performance of this truck. I think more than anthing its a media thing to say "We've got a V8 with 300+HP".

Woopty doo! Its similar to listening to people on the CR-V forums talk about how they want a V-6 in there, for what??? The I4 performs the same (if not a little better) than the V6 in the Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute, and gets 22 MPG city!

Its just the way a lot of us Americans think, too many want the big displacement numbers. Yeah Honda's have smaller engines, and they rev higher to hit peak HP, but they almost always provide the same (if not better) performance, usually better MPG, and are more reliable.

I'm perfectly secure in my manhood of my *small* 3.5 liter V6! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldn't mind a v8 if it would raise the towing capacity up a couple of thousand pounds. Other than that, happy with my V6 and it's 5K pound towing ablility for now. I'm not getting good mileage at all, more around 15 to 16 and I'm trying to drive carefully.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hopefully your MPG will improve with time, have you had your 1st oil change yet?

But still at 15/16 you're getting the advertised MPG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts