Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got pic's of these wheels installed.....and what is your opinion on the look? pretty pricey add on's...what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Personally, I like them. Not overly gaudy- pretty classy. I've been considering them but doubt if I will spend the $$$'s.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
They definitely look nice on a red Ridgeline, probably wouldn't work on primer which is why it is pictured on red ;).

*ducks well out of the reach of ladyridge*

·
Registered
205 Posts
o.c.ridge said:
If they are not chrome? Then what are they?

Tom
I'm thinking they're similar to the Permastar powdercoat finish.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is some type of painted on finish. I can't find any detailed information on it but it is a painted finish that comes out with a chrome-like shine.

-Trevor

·
Registered
46 Posts
NotaChevy said:
I'm thinking they're similar to the Permastar powdercoat finish.

PermaStar will not peel or weaken the wheel as many chrome plating processes have been known to do.PermaStar Chrome is a revolutionary new process developed in the past two years for Road wheel finishes. The process applies a pure chromium coating to the wheel surface and is then powder coated clear. The result is a durable, show quality finish that can withstand some of the most stringent OEM Automobile tests for exterior parts. PermaStar uses no Hazardous chemicals and leaves no hazardous waste for the process.

Here is a place that does it ...http://www.americanpowdercoating.com/permastar.htm

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I've got pics of my Amazon Ridge before & after the accessories install. Check it out . . . the wheels look great - even better "in person". I was not really even interested in them (they weren't on my accessories wish-list) until I happened to see them on a Red Ridge being prepped for delivery at one of the dealers I was shopping. They really caught my eye. They look especially good if you're opting for any of the chrome goodies (bumpers, fog lights), etc. Now, let's see if I can get these pics attached (my first attempt)!

OK . . . so my pics (jpeg) exceed the forum limits for this kind of file. Who's gonna help the new guy know how to get pics attached w/o the memory-hog violation? :confused:

Dan

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Here they are on a Black Ridgeline. They are easy to take care of. They don't stain and have a quality look and feel. They seem to be a little smokey as compared to traditional chrome wheels. I like that, especially on a black truck. I also agree that they are not too flashy, just right for my taste. I don't think that they look cheesy like they came from J.C. Whitney.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would love to have a set, but....way to many $$$$$.

I don't like the idea of chroming alloys, I have had air leaks at the bead before.

Tom

·
Banned
44 Posts
o.c.ridge said:
I would love to have a set, but....way to many $$$$$.

I don't like the idea of chroming alloys, I have had air leaks at the bead before.

Tom
Once you look at the price of aftermarket chrome wheels they are pretty damn reasonable. I was looking at them when I first bought my Ridgeline and found them for $1200 for the set at parts-honda.com, not bad four chrome wheels.
I think I am going with larger wheels, something like 20s or 22s

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Dnick said:
OK, so let's see if I can put a before & after image of my Amozon Ridge with chromies in here:
Nice Pictures! That is a neat before and after.

Doesn't California require front and rear plates? Looks like both of the pictures are of trucks with vanity plates on front. By the way I will be out in your area next month, going to Legoland and doing the Christmas thing with the in-laws. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately given the distance, we will be flying out so I will be without my Ridgeline for several weeks.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Where 'you at Middy? I was back living in Newport RI for 4 years until coming back to So Cal Summer of '03. My son's still there . . . living in Worcester (did I spell it right?), Mass. As a matter of fact, the wife's back there with him now helping out with our first grandchild (girl 8.5 lbs).

You're gonna miss your Ridge if you're out here very long, I'll bet. Have fun anyway & enjoy our beeeautiful weather.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Dnick said:
Where 'you at Middy? I was back living in Newport RI for 4 years until coming back to So Cal Summer of '03. My son's still there . . . living in Worcester (did I spell it right?), Mass. As a matter of fact, the wife's back there with him now helping out with our first grandchild (girl 8.5 lbs).

You're gonna miss your Ridge if you're out here very long, I'll bet. Have fun anyway & enjoy our beeeautiful weather.
I am about an hour to an hour and a half northeast from your son. I was in Worcester just a few weeks ago shopping at a furniture place there. My great-aunt lives in worcester.

Anyway congrats on the new granddaughter, I am sure you will find your way out this way soon enough to enjoy some time with her. I am actually from Maine myself, my wife is from El Cajon. We met in college and never left Mass after.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts