Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAJOR NEWS: Honda vehicles to have increased warranty coverage in 2006

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]ID: AIN30032
July 25, 2005

Re: Honda Introduces Powertrain Warranty for 2006 Model-Year Vehicles

Dear Honda Dealer Principal, Parts Manager, and Service Manager,

We at American Honda remain confident in our ability to consistently deliver high-quality, reliable vehicles to our clients in a competitive market.

To demonstrate this confidence, American Honda is adding a five-year or 60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty to all 2006 model-year Honda vehicles. This warranty is in addition to our normal three-year or 36,000-mile warranty.

This powertrain limited warranty is unprecedented for American Honda, demonstrating our commitment to your customers and our willingness to stand behind our vehicles. This warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship on powertrain components including the engine, transmission, and front- and rear-wheel-drive systems, under normal use. The powertrain limited warranty information has been added to the 2006 Honda warranties booklets for all models.

This new powertrain limited warranty retroactively extends to customers who have already purchased 2006 Ridgelines. In August 2005, AHM will send an information letter and an updated warranty booklet to customers who received the non-updated warranty booklet when they purchased their Ridgelines. At that time, AHM will also mail letters and updated booklets to you to replace booklets in unsold vehicles in your inventory. The updated booklet will be applied to the production line at the same time.
[/font]

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Re: MAJOR NEWS: Honda vehicles to have increased warranty coverage in 2006

Great news!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
362 Posts

Ok now that I fell out of my chair .. is it for REAL ?????????

WAY TO GO HONDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts

Nice find. I will be looking for my letter in August.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

For our Acura friends:

ID: BIN30063

July 25, 2005

Re: Acura Introduces Powertrain Warranty for 2006 Model-Year Vehicles

Dear Acura Dealer Principal, Parts Manager, and Service Manager,

We at American Honda remain confident in our ability to consistently deliver high-quality, reliable vehicles to our clients in a competitive market.

To demonstrate this confidence, American Honda is adding a six-year or 70,000-mile powertrain limited warranty to all 2006 model-year Acura vehicles. This warranty is in addition to our standard four-year or 50,000-mile limited warranty.

This powertrain limited warranty is unprecedented for American Honda, demonstrating our commitment to your clients and our willingness to stand behind our vehicles. This warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship on powertrain components, including the engine, transmission, and front- and rear-wheel-drive systems, under normal use. The powertrain limited warranty information has been added to the 2006 Acura warranties booklets for all models.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Wow, Great News.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Was wondering what the answer back to the "Employee Rip off Pricing" war was going to do. A VERY Respectable answer back from Honda and you know that Toyota is going to drop a jaw when they hear this news.

Just one more reason to be a Proud Honda and Acura Owner !! :D :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts

So I'm really going to show my ignorance here, but everyone in this forum has been so kind, I feel safe asking this ultra-stupid question. What was the warranty before? Why is this such a good thing? The reason I ask is 1) well, I obviously haven't paid enough attention to my warranty and 2) I haven't had any powertrain problems with either of the new Honda's I've owned to warrant (pardon the pun) paying attention. Thanks and sorry for the stupid question.

·
Registered
578 Posts

I think ti's 3/36

It's good marketing. "Honda offers 5/60k miles warranty on powertrain because they are confident of their products". But remember, we do have a lot more drivetrain parts in our trucks... it's good to know that this is there for us.

like you, I've not had issues with my Hondas. But hey, if this means honda will sell more cars, good for them.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Warranty was 3 year 36 K Bumper to Bumper

They extended to Match Toyota's warranty with the extra 5 year 60K Powertrain.

Acura always had a 5 year warranty so its big for Honda. Its also WAY overdue !!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

Like shingles says, this is no ordinary powertrain, with VSA, traction control, VTM-4, VTEC, etc., so this is a welcome freebie from Honda. I wonder when the price on the factory extended warranty will drop.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Next question is...what about those of us who have bought the "Honda" extended warranty??? Seems to me that maybe Honda should actually extend it to make-up the difference. :confused:

·
Registered
406 Posts

And do I get any credit on the factory extended warranty that I paid for when I bought the truck?

·
Registered
578 Posts

Honda extended warranty is bumper to bumper I think. So you might be able to get parts of the money back.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Honda extends warranty

Does anybody know more about this?

ID: AIN30032
July 25, 2005

Re: Honda Introduces Powertrain Warranty for 2006 Model-Year Vehicles

Dear Honda Dealer Principal, Parts Manager, and Service Manager,

To demonstrate this confidence, American Honda is adding a five-year or 60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty to all 2006 model-year Honda vehicles. This warranty is in addition to our normal three-year or 36,000-mile warranty.

This powertrain limited warranty is unprecedented for American Honda, demonstrating our commitment to your customers and our willingness to stand behind our vehicles. This warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship on powertrain components including the engine, transmission, and front- and rear-wheel-drive systems, under normal use. The powertrain limited warranty information has been added to the 2006 Honda warranties booklets for all models.

This new powertrain limited warranty retroactively extends to customers who have already purchased 2006 Ridgelines. In August 2005, AHM will send an information letter and an updated warranty booklet to customers who received the non-updated warranty booklet when they purchased their Ridgelines. At that time, AHM will also mail letters and updated booklets to you to replace booklets in unsold vehicles in your inventory. The updated booklet will be applied to the production line at the same time.

Am I reading this right? In addition would be 8 year 96,000 miles. That can't be right can it?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Hooray!!! Welcome news. Easy now, we're making our Wives/Hubys jealous. :cool: :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: Honda extends warranty

This is great news!
A thought comes to mind though..what about those of us who purchased an extended warranty because the original 3/36 wasn't sufficient? This kinda' devalues our extended warranty purchase. In light of this decision, maybe there should be some adjustments in time, mileage and/or price for extended warranty holders!

Sorry, someone covered this question above and I had a brain fart :eek: ...Disregard!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Honda extends warranty

I work for Honda and have not heard of anything yet? I will be checking with my service mgr and GM tomorrow though.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts