Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,293 Posts
One of my classmates went to work at GM Financial in 2015. She loves the culture there and has very high praise for GM's CEO, Mary Barra. I, too, like Barra, but not enough to switch back to her products even after my Honda experience. :)
I usually agree with GM having issues, But I don't think they are any worse than the Honda's right now. For example, we bought a 12' Cadillac SRX (used) and it was under warranty for a couple years and I had all the bugs worked out mostly. I've had a couple of paying fixes with some shocks that Firestone "called" bad and a battery and alternator. But for the most part this thing has been good overall. Yeah, they have the usual recalls (bolts loose, and a drain that the sunroof clogs (too small of a line in the 12') and there's the usual rust on the reluctor that causes problems etc... but not all exhibit these problems like our Ridgelines as well. And I have to say without a doubt that the SRX is really a nice vehicle to drive considering the source (GM) and the fact that it's a large heavy vehicle too (no MDX here). But, I'll say that i think it's built well and has a heavy duty feel to it that the Ridgeline does not have. (cheaper IMO metal as it's too thin especially in the bed) and dings way too easily compared to the SRX. Of course as with any car there's good and bad. But GM is no worse than Honda lately.

Steve still loves the Ridgeline though. 4 years + now.

·
Administrator
20,707 Posts
Two new electric crossovers coming - one Honda and one Acura. One will be built at GM's plant in Mexico where the Blazer and Equinox are built and the other will be built by GM in Tennessee where the Cadillac Lyriq is built.

Source

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,155 Posts
Two new electric crossovers coming - one Honda and one Acura. One will be built at GM's plant in Mexico where the Blazer and Equinox are built and the other will be built by GM in Tennessee where the Cadillac Lyriq is built.

Source
Take a guess which one will be built in Mexico? I totally understand the appeal of electric vehicles, but what happens when the infrastructure cannot support the extreme demand for electricity, such as in California or New York?

·
Administrator
20,707 Posts
Honda already has above-average fuel economy and below-average emissions even with a limited number of electrified vehicles. This could be why Honda trails some other brands in this category.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I've only read pages 1 and 3, but I saw a couple posts on page 1 lamenting a perceived decline of Honda engineering, bearing the fruit of declining quality. I remembered csimo writing multiple times that Honda still had engineering talent, but they were silo'ed and the growing quality problems were mostly from a lack of internal communication between teams.

Over the last few years, that may or may not be resolved. Talent may have sought greener pastures.

My point of bringing all that up is... if communication between internal teams is still a problem, it will only get worse when a whole new GM corporate culture enters the scrum. Honda needs to have their teams tight.

·
Administrator
20,707 Posts
I've only read pages 1 and 3, but I saw a couple posts on page 1 lamenting a perceived decline of Honda engineering, bearing the fruit of declining quality. I remembered csimo writing multiple times that Honda still had engineering talent, but they were silo'ed and the growing quality problems were mostly from a lack of internal communication between teams.

Over the last few years, that may or may not be resolved. Talent may have sought greener pastures.

My point of bringing all that up is... if communication between internal teams is still a problem, it will only get worse when a whole new GM corporate culture enters the scrum. Honda needs to have their teams tight.
You may be interested in reading the following threads.

·
Administrator
20,707 Posts

Source
Honda announced that their version will be called the Prologue and is about 2-1/2 years away.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts