Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a box full of stuff, wires and stuff. HELP. Where are the wire's front and back and should I maby pay someone to hook this up.

Guy

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
You can print the instructions from

http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline/hitch.pdf

You should also do a search in this forum for some great advice on installing yourself.

The instructions are very clear and the cautions/advice from people who installed already can get you through the pitfalls.

This is a time consuming but not impossible install for an amateur. You will need a second person or a jack to lift the hitch into place while you bolt it to the body. Other than that, one person can do the rest.

The worst thing about the pre wiring is the double tape they used on the back which is so high up you can't reach it and so strong you can barely break it loose with all your might.

Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the dealer to print the instructions for me and only took me an hour to install everything. I realize it's a rather complicated setup, but you'll notice that your trailer lights are plenty bright and your flashers still flash at the same speed. Also when you activate/deactivate the door locks with the remote that now your trailer lights flash in unison.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your info. I printed the instructions but was wondering if there was any part that might mix me up and further more i did not buy the honda hitch so now I am worried about mounting the outlets at the rear of the truck.
Any further help would be great. Thanks again.

Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts