Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just cruised local dealer's lot and noticed RL's had Honda name on front doors. :eek: Whassup with that? :confused: (To be clear, it's like the Honda badge on the tailgate, but on the 2 front doors. Dealer or factory?)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dealer

My dealer had a rather tacky "Ridgeline" logo too.

All was added by the pinstripe guy!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Agree! Less is better. I took mine OFF the tailgate.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I checked out my dealer's inventory yesterday when dropping off my wife's Accord for service. While I saw the pinstripe detail with the tacky "Ridgeline" logo, there was no chrome "Honda" logo anywhere other than the tailgate. I also checked the vin numbers to see how new these RL's were. 2 of the 5 on the lot had vin # exceeding 19000. Those guys up in Canada have been busy. Mine was #1908 nearly 3 months ago. So it appears that the chrome logo has nothing to do with the factory.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I figured. :rolleyes: Thanks dnvrfan. And yes, less is more. But more tacky ones make mine look that much cooler. :cool:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
And they add horsepower too! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I enjoy the Ridgeline design discussions.

There seemed to have been much controversy about using HONDA text on the Tailgate versus the typical chrome H logo.

I think the consensus was that to fit more into the US truck market it was necessary to prominently display the entire brand name, even if it deviates from typical Honda protocol for branding and brand display.

Sincerely,

Steve

·
Registered
265 Posts
FL_Ridge said:
I enjoy the Ridgeline design discussions.

There seemed to have been much controversy about using HONDA text on the Tailgate versus the typical chrome H logo.

I think the consensus was that to fit more into the US truck market it was necessary to prominently display the entire brand name, even if it deviates from typical Honda protocol for branding and brand display.

Sincerely,

Steve
the traits like this on on the RL are part of what attracted me it is not the norm for H O N D A stands off from the rest of H O N D A

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like them.
I mean a lot of yall have added the ROC decal to your rear windows right?
What's the difference in being proud that its a ridgeline and a honda. I think the ones on the front doors front rear area that are like the tailgate are justifiably cool. One guy here even put it on above the glove compartment and for the record I thought that was sweet too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts