Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Very cool. Glad to hear they're doing this, although if it's not specially integrated with the Nav (meaning the data doesn't show up on the Nav screen, only on the radio display) it won't be quite as nice for me... I would just keep using the MP3 aux jack that I have already... Guess I better get an iPod now, eh? :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Woo Hoo! :) I also hope it works thru the nav, but if not who cares! Just to control and select songs thru the system is great! Right now I use the aux input, but navigating thru 1000's of songs on the little ipod screen gets bad, almost had a couple instances of checking out the air bags the hard way just because my eyes were not on the road:rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just in time for my new iPod. After looking at the installation instructions, I think I'll let the dealer take care of this one, regardless of cost.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
That is definitely going on my Christmas list!:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm in for this one, as I use the nano for use at the gym, would be great to hook it to the ridgeline. Hopefully, I don't get sick of the songs!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Gadget girl here has got to have this one! I love my iPod and everything Apple.

·
Registered
626 Posts
TheRidgester said:
It will only work with the Ipod.... from what I saw, Honda teamed up with apple, to make this adapter.
Yeah, Apple's iPod data is a proprietary interface; Honda would have to work *with* Apple to get the data out of there, otherwise face the wrath of Apple (as Microsoft is now doing, once again).

·
Registered
112 Posts
My family asked me to give them ideas for Christmas gifts (yes, Christmas gifts! Damn, they're early birds.) and the iPod link is definately on the top of the list. Other than that I've included the rear mud guards, the trunk dividers and a rubber mat for the bed. I really want the fog lights and the side boards too but I think that may be pushing it. There's always next year!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think I am going to print this thread out and leave it for the wife, as she never knows what I want for Xmas.

Hint Hint dear.;)

·
2,346 Posts
I have already asked my wife for this adapter for Christmas.:D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
My wife had called our local dealer to see about my X-mas wishlist item....this adaptor. They were very nice to her, but had no idea what she was talking about. Then she forwaded an email I had sent her, a pdf file of the link that Vertrkr had supplied to us.
The dealer forward this info to the area rep, who called her back and wanted to know the our source, as Honda did not want this info released at this time.
She did not know the source, so the area rep proceded to say that this secret is indeed due out on the market mid december, but she should not tell anyone as it is a secret. Of course she called me, told me, now I need tell everyone here. After all Honda... were all family here and family shouldnt keep secrets;)
Honda, by the way.....any other secrets your holding back:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I want this but I don't know why. I don't use my Ipod much so maybe that is it, but then XM is more than enough radio for me, and it is the only time I listen to Christian pop anymore. Used to listen to a bit more in college along with one radio station with my girlfriend then (now my wife). I find that I have gotten bored with mainstream music as I have heard most of it before and the Christian station gives me something new to learn and to criticize ;).

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought I wanted this as well, but I carried my Ipod with me plugged into the aux jack of two weeks and used it only once. I had really wished they had made the six disk CD changer MP3 capable. Then I could burn my MP3 and loaded them up in the changer :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
vincent007 said:
I thought I wanted this as well, but I carried my Ipod with me plugged into the aux jack of two weeks and used it only once. I had really wished they had made the six disk CD changer MP3 capable. Then I could burn my MP3 and loaded them up in the changer :D
I understand on using it once as is thru the aux jack. Think of how much cooler it will be to see your Ipod menu on the touch screen! I use mine all the time, and it does hinder the use using it Via tiny Ipod screen... you'll also beable to use the steering wheel controls to jog thru menus... thats what the honda guy thinks at my dealer... hope he is right!

·
2,346 Posts
It would be really nice if you could use the Navi display for viewing the contents of your iPod. I wonder when more definitive information will be coming out.

My wife has already agreed to get this for me for Christmas!!:D :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
My guess is that the navi screen will only be used on models that use the navi screen for the stereo controls which (even though my manual says mine does for the XM) the Ridgelines don't.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jays0n said:
My guess is that the navi screen will only be used on models that use the navi screen for the stereo controls which (even though my manual says mine does for the XM) the Ridgelines don't.
Not sure what you mean here. On my Navi there is a button to the left of the screen that says 'Audio' and allows me to acess presets, change channels, etc. through the touch screen.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts