Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lingered_I said:
The article says that a decision on a V8 engine is 3 years away. Interestingly they're looking at a V10 for the NSX.
In three years, with gas over $5/gal, we might be wishing we had a four banger. I think bigger engines is yesterday thinking. I'm sure there are many people who NEED over 247 hp but not me. I cannot imagine my needing a V8, much less a V10.:eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: Honda may succumb to allure of V8 engines in effort to spur further growth [8.29.5]

The V10 is only for the NEW NSX. Honda wants to give the Acura line a Super High end sports car. Expect the car to be ultra high tech with a engine launched from years of racing experience. The car will be priced over 100k. This is not a everyday driving car. Most owners will probably log less than 3k miles per year. And these owners are not worried about rising gas costs.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: Honda may succumb to allure of V8 engines in effort to spur further growth [8.29.5]

A V8 for the Ridgeline would definitely be called for if you have to face high speed traffic merging situations day in and day out. MPG would not have to be terribly sacrificed with the technology out there today. The fact that it is 3 years away makes me feel better about my purchase this year and if the truck holds up, I will be in the market for a new one after the V8 has had a year to work out its growing pains.

·
Registered
578 Posts
BillB said:
A V8 for the Ridgeline would definitely be called for if you have to face high speed traffic merging situations day in and day out. MPG would not have to be terribly sacrificed with the technology out there today. The fact that it is 3 years away makes me feel better about my purchase this year and if the truck holds up, I will be in the market for a new one after the V8 has had a year to work out its growing pains.

How high a speed are you thinking?
As it stands, the ridgeline's V6 will outgun some of the V8 trucks...

·
Registered
33 Posts

I would seem there is plenty of room left in the V6 for more power. Add dual overhead cams, exhaust improvments...the usual, put some of that racing tech from Acura into the engine and you could easily get > 300Hp. Who would need a V8 then? Up the towing to 6 or 7K pounds would do it for me. But thats just me.

·
Registered
648 Posts

When I enter the passing lane uphill on a 10% grade and pass Tahoes and Avalanches at 8000' I know I don't need a V-8. :D

L

·
0 Posts

Ahab said:
When I enter the passing lane uphill on a 10% grade and pass Tahoes and Avalanches at 8000' I know I don't need a V-8. :D
I'll second that. :p
Don't give me a V-8..I'll end up losing my license!! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts