Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't find a "daily" segment in the business section. I searched the website for Honda and didn't find the article. Would you care to summarize it for us?

Thanks.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MountainRidge said:
I can't find a "daily" segment in the business section. I searched the website for Honda and didn't find the article. Would you care to summarize it for us?
Uh, it's on the linked page... a couple of sections down. ;)

Look for the part that says "Honda Motor Co. sales goal for Ridgeline falling short". ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I found the refernced article difficult to locate.

The article states ...
Ridgeline has averaged monthly sales of about 3,600 units, almost 1,000 fewer per month than Honda expected ... Dan Bonawitz, Honda's U.S. vice president for corporate planning, said. "Nobody is panicked."

I would think reduced sales would temporarily improve Dealership willingness to negotiate lower prices with potential customers ... supply and demand ... ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
So they're selling 75% of their projection. That explains why most dealers are selling now for invoice. The interesting question for future buyers is, what are they going to do with the price? Surely there will be no increase or decrease in the next 11 months, but behind the scenes dealing is likely. As fuel prices climb there will be pressure on the price of all SUVs and trucks. And what are all the other makers going to do once the scam "emplyee pricing" is over? Sales are going to drop dead, in fact they're already way down from when they started this scam, everyone's already purchased. Hummer salesmen should probably look for work now.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have noticed more Ridgeline advertising on TV recently. I don't know if there really are more adds or if I just happen to catch a few more. I think that there is another thread about the content of the adds. I only mention it here in the context of low sales reports. Increased advertising could be a response to low sales - and the coments on this site about weak Ridgeline advertising efforts by Honda.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just do not understand what made Honda feel the need to INCREASE the production of Ridges from 50.000 to 80.000 :confused: Maybe all this will change their minds :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honda is building 80,000? That must be for the entire 18 months of the "2006" year model, that would be about right for their initial projection of about 4500 a month. When are all those going to be built? I know that VIN numbers on dealers web sites are now approaching or at 40,000. Maybe they all will be built by the end of the year, so that Honda can't scale back production next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts