Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the updated Navi disk from Hondanavi.com and would like to sell my old disk. Before I put it up on ebay I thought I would ask if anyone had any interest in it here (perhaps to use in a second Honda?).

Anyway, I am planning to set a $50.00 reserve plus shipping on ebay but would be happy to sell it for $50.00 to anyone here that is interested. If a ROC member wants it, I will pay the shipping (USPS Ground) myself.

I'll wait a couple of days before listing it on ebay. Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure that is accurate. I believe that as long as your other model uses the white DVD they disks can be used in different models.

From the Honda Navi Website:

Will an update DVD be compatible with my vehicle?

Yes. The latest version DVD will work in any Honda or Acura vehicle with white-labeled DVD.

Note: Orange, black, white and turquoise-labeled DVDs are not interchangeable.

But, if anyone else can confirm that I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, I disagree. I realize that other vehicles using orange DVDs etc cannot use this one, but the website states that the white DVD can be used in any model that uses white DVDs. A quick perusal of the Trip computer thread confirmed that the 4.13c DVD includes code for the Ridgeline as well as the Acura MDX, the Honda Odyssey, and the Acura RL.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003&page=8&highlight=trip+computer

Have I missed something?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Perkolater said:
Again, I disagree. I realize that other vehicles using orange DVDs etc cannot use this one, but the website states that the white DVD can be used in any model that uses white DVDs. A quick perusal of the Trip computer thread confirmed that the 4.13c DVD includes code for the Ridgeline as well as the Acura MDX, the Honda Odyssey, and the Acura RL.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003&page=8&highlight=trip+computer

Have I missed something?
No you are correct, the DVDs are color coded. Make sure you specify the color if you sell it on eBay so people know exactly what they are getting. Also some vehicles may not use this white DVD you have even though they specify white because the ROM is older than their Nav system being in existence. Although I think the Civic got another color like purple or something, can't remember.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
captmiddy said:
No you are correct, the DVDs are color coded. Make sure you specify the color if you sell it on eBay so people know exactly what they are getting. Also some vehicles may not use this white DVD you have even though they specify white because the ROM is older than their Nav system being in existence. Although I think the Civic got another color like purple or something, can't remember.
Thanks Capt! Although unless someone here wants it, I may just hang onto it. I wouldn't want someone to buy it and have it not work in their vehicle!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't know if all of the Canadian RLs came with both the US and Canada discs (I know some have said they got both) but that may be a good market for you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Friends:

When our 2006 Accord arrived it had the latest DVD in it from the factory. When our Ridgeline arrived two weeks later it had the older version DVD in it. To placate us, the dealer walked over to a new Pilot, pulled the DVD out of it, made sure that it was the newer version, popped it in our Ridgeline and it works like a charm! The DVD is NOT vehicle dependant.

Yes, unfortunately, the 2006 Pilot has the older version DVD in it......:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts