Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a true dyed in the wool Honda fan. I have owned nine of their vehicles since 1966.

They out perform the compitition behind the wheel and their quality and support are outstanding.

This was just reinforced recently as my daughters 2002 Accord started having transmission problems, it was well out of warranty having 82,000 miles on it. The 2000 and 2001 models recieved an extended warrany to 100,000 on the transmission but not the 2002. South Bay Honda of Los Gatos formerly Los Gatos Honda went to bat for us as a loyal customer. They installed an overhauled transmission in her car at no cost. Try that with most any other car maker.

Thank you Honda, Thank you Bill Humphy ( Service manager at South Bay Honda).

PS: Bill Humphry drive a Ridgeline too.

I will continue to beat the drum loudly.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Good service, we just traded a 2000 odyssey with 110000 miles on it. Honda extended the tranny warranty to 200,000 miles. Honda does stand by when the *hit hits the fan. traded for 05 pilot. and bought 06 ridgeline, we are a honda family too!

L

·
0 Posts
Great stories of excellent service guys. I hope more dealers read the success these dealers are having with loyal customers like yourselves and jump on the wagon with them.
Kudos to your dealers from an ex-Honda/Dealer Customer Service Director. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's really nice to hear stoies like this. This has been typical of the kind of consideration Honda has given me over the years. I see so many people with complaints on this board I was beginning to think there ween't many of us Honda booster left around here. The secret is to pick a GOOD dealer, not a CHEAP dealer. They are cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey guys, same here. We have a 99 Accord, loaded, 6 banger, thing is pretty fast... Anyway, tranny was going out, we have 105,000 on it. Out of warranty, Auburn Honda ( WOO HOO ) said, we'llput a brand NEW tranny in it with a 3/36,000 if I pay for the labor....

uuuum, lemmie think about it..

OK!!!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
I wish I could say I agree with you about Honda's great service and standing by when the *hit hits the fan, but I can't...because since I've had Honda's (20 yrs now) I have never had the *hit hit the fan!

(Actually I do remember one common problem with my 98 Civic was that the power window on one side came out of track a couple times, and they did take care of that.)

Let's see if I can remember...'81 Civic, '83 Accord, '88 CRX, '98 Civic, '06 Ridgeline.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Trickett Honda replaced an alternator on our '01 Accord out of warranty for free. Said it shouldn't have failed that quickly and fixed it right up. Honda (in Memphis) also replaced the tranny in a buddy's Accord at 50k because it failed too quickly.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
lowrider90 said:
Actually, good point, the *hit has never hit the fan here either. but I did feel good when Honda extended the warranty anyway.
Yeah, I feel good whenever I buy a Honda! Peace of mind is priceless! We've also had a couple Toyota's, which are good, but as good as they are, I'm still partial to Honda. My wife loves her Camry and the other night we talked about replacing it in a few years. I asked her what she wants and she said "We'll see what Honda and Toyota have out at that time!"

·
Registered
191 Posts
In the 80's had Nissan's because we like the machanic and had out of warrenty stuff fixed at no charge, a 91 Acura 3 door 180k before the CVC joints, but other than that 3 Toyotas and now a Ridge and a 2000 Lexus 300 AND NEVER ANY PROBLEMS!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts