Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up on OwnerLink today and noticed that while the Privacy policy states that PII (Personally Identifable Information) is encrypted while displayed throughout the site. Unfortunately this isn't true at all. After completing login the page automatically converts over to an HTTP session and thus exposes my information in clear text. Also if updating my profile to change my password, my password is now transmitted in clear text. This is a problem. I can not find anywhere on the webpage a contact for OwnerLink. The reality is this entire site should just be HTTPS all the time, without jumping back and forth. I feel for the people who have their financials linked here, because this could be a serious security hole.

I hope someone knows how I can contact someone in the know on OwnerLink.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
When I took my Ody in for servicing two weeks ago the service dept. had a brochure on Ownerlink. You may want to call a dealership/service department to see if they have a contact number.

L

·
0 Posts
OwnersLink.

The only information available via the dealership brochure is the website. www.owners.honda.com which I assume you already have.

I would suggest contacting your dealer and have them ask their Honda Rep. I'll do some research and get back if I found anything new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only way to contact the represenatives of owners.link is to call American Honda themselves. I am a Sales Rep at a Texas Dealership, and we do not have any direct contact to the people in charge of the nationwide customer data base. We have one represenative to American Honda, and that is our only contact with them (other than the Financing dept).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts