Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there owned a PC800, it has always interested me. It was to be Honda's equivilent of the Ridgeline for the motorcycle world. It did not catch on when introduced in the eighties. It was aimed at attracting suit and tie people to motorcycles, those people went out and bought Harley's instead. One of Honda's few marketing misses. It has become a bit of a cult bike now, lighter and more nimble than Honda's Goldwing (Winabiko) but more civilized than there crotch rockets.

·
Registered
311 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
Has anyone out there owned a PC800, it has always interested me. It was to be Honda's equivilent of the Ridgeline for the motorcycle world. It did not catch on when introduced in the eighties. It was aimed at attracting suit and tie people to motorcycles, those people went out and bought Harley's instead. One of Honda's few marketing misses. It has become a bit of a cult bike now, lighter and more nimble than Honda's Goldwing (Winabiko) but more civilized than there crotch rockets.
I own PC800 memory if that counts. :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
See below.

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nicely done!!

Here is a pic of the bike that I found using Google.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
I almost bought one in 1994, But other things came up. I have a Kawi ZZ-R1200 now. But I have been driving my RL since I bought it.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
That's an interesting looking bike, all enclosed, almost like our unibody truck. I ride a '79 Suzuki GS1000 to work on nice days when I don't have softball or something going on. I love it! It looks just like this, but with windshield...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
That's an interesting looking bike, all enclosed, almost like our unibody truck. I ride a '79 Suzuki GS1000 to work on nice days when I don't have softball or something going on. I love it! It looks just like this, but with windshield...
I can't understand how anyone can ride a bike at 60+ MPH without a windshield. I guess they really have an appetite for live flying meat in small portions. But then I also can't understand the desire to ride without a helmet, no consideration to all the children in the minivan that will be looking at your brain splattered all-over the sidewalk.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
captmiddy said:
I can't understand how anyone can ride a bike at 60+ MPH without a windshield. I guess they really have an appetite for live flying meat in small portions. But then I also can't understand the desire to ride without a helmet, no consideration to all the children in the minivan that will be looking at your brain splattered all-over the sidewalk.
EXACTLY!! AWAYS WEAR A HELMET whether it's a law in your state or not. Even Evil Knievel told this to his son Robby last year when he found out he wasn't wearing one. My "teacher" was a highway patrolman who sold me his bike. He has the Higway Patrol magazines that you don't want to see.

And yes, I'm glad I have the windshield!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts