Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some a*&hole decided the entire passenger side of my truck needed keyed this morning. We don't have parking on our dealer lot so we park in the lot next door at Home Depot. I had our very experienced detail guy try to buff it out and the paint is so soft that it burned a mark on it. I don't blame the detail guy. He has 20 years experience. As a matter of fact, I think in another thread I mentioned how "soft" I thought the paint was.
I'm sick. :(
Doesn't pay to have a nice vehicle.

·
Registered
460 Posts
oh man......sorry to hear that ladyridge...........the paint is still curing. new car paint jobs aren't fully cured for quite some time. can your detail guy use touch up pain that you said you had in your glove box and buff it in with the rest? :eek:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Oh man, that makes me so mad, and it's not even my truck. I hate it when you can't even explain human behavior and there's no reason for it. Start looking for a full size truck owner. They're the only ones I can think of that would have cause to do this to an RL.

I almost did this once, but the guy parked his new mercedez across 2 parking spaces in a crowded parking lot where space was at a premium. I see red when people are that selfish.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arteegee said:
Unfortunately a sign of the times. :eek: Does Depot have lot cams?

I did not think of that. Lot cams. Hmmmm!! Calling them now. I'll be back. :(

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
This is terrible. Maybe the title of this thread shouldn't be Honda Paint is Toooo Thin. Maybe it should be Beware of Ridgeline Envy. The idea about the security camera is worth pursuing. Did you call the police and file a report? It sure sounds like a lot of damage repair. Best of luck LadyRidge. Of all the people this could happen to, this is the worst. :mad:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shovelhd said:
This is terrible. Maybe the title of this thread shouldn't be Honda Paint is Toooo Thin. Maybe it should be Beware of Ridgeline Envy. The idea about the security camera is worth pursuing. Did you call the police and file a report? It sure sounds like a lot of damage repair. Best of luck LadyRidge. Of all the people this could happen to, this is the worst. :mad:
I already tried to repair it..is it too late to call the police? I am a bachelorette this week as my better half is in Canada fishing and has no phone service so I can't call him to ask him. So I have to rely on you guys.

·
Registered
460 Posts
ladyridge said:
I already tried to repair it..is it too late to call the police? I am a bachelorette this week as my better half is in Canada fishing and has no phone service so I can't call him to ask him. So I have to rely on you guys.
NOT TOO LATE TO CALL THE LAW LADYRIDGE. BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO REPORT IT TODAY BEFORE MOVING THE VEHICLE.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Ladyridge,

Go into Home Depot, make a purchase, then report it to local police. At the very least make a report then contact your insurance company (depending on your deductible....)

Then, you may want to file a claim with Home Depot's insurance. Sometimes they will pay claims since it is on their property.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune....

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would definetly file a police report. Sorry about your vehicle. :mad:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got done with the police report. She said ( I got a female cop, cool huh?? :cool: ) that it looks more like someone walked or drove past my truck with a load of lumber sticking out and clipped the car. Since she said that, it does look like that could have happened. Good thing I only have a $100 dollar deductible. Thanks guys. :(

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Great first step. I would think that if it was not malicious damage, that the scratch line would be fairly straight.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ladyridge said:
I just got done with the police report. She said ( I got a female cop, cool huh?? :cool: ) that it looks more like someone walked or drove past my truck with a load of lumber sticking out and clipped the car. Since she said that, it does look like that could have happened. Good thing I only have a $100 dollar deductible. Thanks guys. :(
This sure makes a STRONG argument for the "let Home Depot's insurance eat the bill" plan!!!!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I would think that if the vehicle is insured, that insurance would take precedence. But I'm not an auto insurance expert.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jch said:
This sure makes a STRONG argument for the "let Home Depot's insurance eat the bill" plan!!!!
I'm a conformist. A non-confrontational person. Should I go to Home Depot and tell them??

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
There's nothing wrong with asking for the general manager and discussing the issue with him. It's part of his job to address these kinds of customer issues. Be nice, and see where it goes.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shovelhd said:
There's nothing wrong with asking for the general manager and discussing the issue with him. It's part of his job to address these kinds of customer issues. Be nice, and see where it goes.
Ok Chris. I'm gone. I'll be back later tonight to let you know the outcome. Thanks!!
J.C. :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Great! You never know. One of his employees could have done it, and he would be liable. How does your management feel about it, knowing that you park over there? Could this damage a business relationship? Things to keep in mind.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
This really, really makes me mad. I don't know what I would do if I saw someone do that to my Ridge. I know I would go ballistic and there would be a fight for sure. Since it looks like the detail guy can't fix it, who would? I mean the insurance will pay for putting it in like new condition since the vehicle is new but what if it can't be fixed? Would they then have to replace the whole door, fender and other parts affected? Here is where an insurance company can prove how really good it is. Keep us posted on how this turns out and good luck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts