Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for posting this link. Just added it to my Safari bookmarks.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
That is a great site with some fair prices. One thing I wanted to compare was the set of 4 door window visors. I always like to crack the window a bit especially in my Texas summers and they really do cut down on wind in the face while driving with the window down. I see this Majestic site has them retail at $199 and their price is about $150. I bought a set of four, smoke colored Inchannel visors made by Lund (Eclipse) for $60 shipped on Amazon.com. That is a great savings and they are easier to install than the Honda model although I don't know if the quality is the same or not.

Nonetheless, these Lunds look great (their small logo is the same silver color as my Ridge), they do the job and were a snap to install. The fit is flawless too and I think they carry a life-time warranty. One word of caution however; the driver side window really needs to be closed tight up against the visor for at least 24 hours. The reason is that every once in a while, the auto-up window will sense the presence of the visor and return to half way down. Not always but it happened a couple of times on me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can you give us a few more details on the install process? I'm thinking about getting a set.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Lund is the parent company for Auto Ventshade. They are a high quality product. I had them on my Ranger. I find I don't miss them on the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Okay, Back on Topic this is a great site vertrkr. I wish the diagrams could be blown-up but it looks very useable.

I can't imagine Majestic built this system--maybe it's available to all dealers? Anyway thanks--Bookmarked! :D

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
ROColorado - the install process with the Lunds is fairly simple. They give you alcohol pads to wipe clean the inside of the window tracks. The INSIDE, not the outside like a lot of wind visors. You swab the inside track between the rubber and where the window seals. You do this with your little finger.

Then you take a couple inches of tape off the visor on each end and position it on the INSIDE track. Once seated, you strip the rest of the tape while putting pressure on the visor evenly with your finger, thereby creating a bond with the adhesive that is exposed on the visor once the tape is removed. It is very much like the traditional wind visor applications in this respect. The difference is that the bond occurs INSIDE the window track rather than outside, which I think is much better.

Then, you roll up the window for 24 hours so that it creates additional pressure on the visor to seal permanently. Take a look at the Honda visor installation diagram and you will see it is much more complicated. But be forewarned - any part of the Lund visor that is not flush up against the inside window track will cause the window to fall back to the mid-level position when attempting to close it via the auto up mode (second click up on the automatic window). Of course, this is not a problem on the other three windows as there is no auto up mode and therefore no window blockage sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts