Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have to remember it was a column in the Detroit news. Believe it or not, they have a "slight" bias when it comes to non "Big 3" manufacturers.

Hmm, Big 3...I can remember when there was the Big 8 accounting firms.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
denvrfan said:
53% of the survey respondents found the Ridgeline "unacceptable". Ouch!

Its funny people either hate it or love it. I would like to see the same survey on a Big 3 model like say the Avalanche.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Speaking of funny, I live near Milwaukee, home of Harley Davidson. In the 70's, when Harley was getting clobbered by the bike manufacturers from Japan, we used to have "Honda Drops". All you needed was a bunch of Harley fans, a keg of beer, a roaring bonfire, a big tree, a strong block and tackle, and a Honda 350. Wonder if they will have Ridgeline or Tundra drops someday in Detroit or Texas? As we learned you can lift a Ridgeline by the tie down hooks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
mayfielh said:
Its funny people either hate it or love it. I would like to see the same survey on a Big 3 model like say the Avalanche.

There's little doubt that this truck has caused a LOT of commotion in the industry. I'm still trying to figure out Motor Trend's most recent review of the RL where they stated it has "Frigidaire looks". I wanted to go out to the garage and look for an icemaker in the door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The end of the review, he describes the truck as "ugly".
And yes, I can understand how he would feel that way. The truck is very different from the run of the mill out there, except for the Avalanch.
When the Avalanch came out I thought it was ugly, but after a while it kinda grew on me. Ditto the Ridgeline, kinda grows on you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts