Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
American Honda Records Best-Ever November Sales
Ridgeline posts best month ever; record sales of Pilot boost truck sales

DEC. 1 - Total Honda and Acura November automobile sales increased 6.4 percent over last year to 105,860, and shattered the previous record of 98,075 set in 2002. Driven by November's 15.3 percent increase in Honda truck sales, American Honda's year-to-date sales continue on a record-setting pace of 1,329,672 cars and light trucks, increasing 6.2 percent over last year on a daily selling rate basis, putting the company in line for a 12th straight year of sales increases.

Honda Division also broke records for the sixth consecutive month, posting record truck and total vehicle sales for the month of November of 44,261 and 91,978 units respectively. The revolutionary half-ton Ridgeline truck posted its best month ever with a record 5,243 units, while the Civic (Motor Trend's Car of the Year for 2006) continued to make gains with sales increasing 18 percent over last November. Pilot also posted record November sales of 12,040 units, a 9.8 percent increase over the same period last year.

"The fact that our light-truck models continue to show strength in the face of uncertain gas prices, is a function of their class-leading fuel economy," said Richard Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Increasing consumer awareness and industry accolades of Honda's innovative Ridgeline pickup contributed to its best-ever sales month. Honda's fleet of three hybrid models posted a 52.8 percent increase compared to last November at 2,083 units.

The Honda Division's year-to-date sales grew 6.0 percent to 1,138,683 units, with Odyssey, Pilot and CR-V all showing year-to-date increases.

Acura Division posted sales of 13,382 units with record November sales of the TL sports sedan of 6,134 units. RSX sales increased to 1,521, a 9.1 percent increase from last year for a fifth consecutive month of record sales. Year-to-date Acura sales are up 7.2 percent to 190,989.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: Honda Posts Record Sales!! Best Month for Ridgeline!!

Excellent. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

Honda shouldn't be too disappointed in RL sales. They may have gotten off to a slow start, but IIRC Honda was shooting for a 50,000 unit year, and the last two months sales put them on track for a 60,000+ 12 month period.

·
Registered
953 Posts

Webwader said:
Honda shouldn't be too disappointed in RL sales. They may have gotten off to a slow start, but IIRC Honda was shooting for a 50,000 unit year, and the last two months sales put them on track for a 60,000+ 12 month period.
50,000 units should not be a problem, with a year running from March 2005 through February 2006, they only have 13,994 to go with 3 months left. Its only 4665 units each month.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

And you certainly did your part to help DoctorJ. Way above the call of duty. :)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts

Great news! we are seeing more of them on the streets around here lately too.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Re: American Honda Records Best-Ever November Sales [12.1.5]

You know its almost like those statistics guys that work for Honda might know what their doing. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

I hope this means they will continue on their plan to produce a Hybrid version for 2008/9. This is the only thing that will get me to buy another Ridgeline anytime in the near future.

·
Registered
678 Posts

I'm glad that Honda is doing well but in all honesty I could care less how many folks purchase a Ridgeline. Every day that I don't see one on the road makes me feel great that it's not in every driveway. Seriously Ridge owners, do you really want the Ridge to be almost as common as a Civic.....or even an f-150? I sure don't. Mass produced anything can become way too common. l like being among a few that have chosen such a great vehicle.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

We care because we want the Ridgeline to be sold in sufficient numbers to justify Honda's continued production of a such a great vehicle.

L

·
0 Posts

basils said:
Every day that I don't see one on the road makes me feel great that it's not in every driveway. Seriously Ridge owners, do you really want the Ridge to be almost as common as a Civic.....or even an f-150? I sure don't. Mass produced anything can become way too common. l like being among a few that have chosen such a great vehicle.
I agree with you basils, but I fear that if they don't sell...they may stop production. As far as I am concerned, I'll never own another vehicle as long as Honda makes the Ridgeline the way it is right now or better. ( Not sure how much better it can get ;) )

·
Registered
670 Posts

Originally posted by Webwader
We care because we want the Ridgeline to be sold in sufficient numbers to justify Honda's continued production of a such a great vehicle.
I agree, Webwader. I may not be the most objective person to talk about the Ridge, but I did a lot of research on trucks and the Ridge is just to good to ignore. Those of us who purchased in the first year are the "early adoptors". I think others potential buyers will catch on. I see the Ridge as the Macintosh of the pick-up truck world. :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

iROC said:
I see the Ridge as the Macintosh of the pick-up truck world. :D
I think the RL maybe more like Linux than Mac. Mac seems to be a bit too niche (happy with the status quo) whereas I think the RL like Linux will slowly and systematically weave its way in to and up in the market. Before you know it blam nobody will remember not knowing about it.

·
Registered
670 Posts

Originally posted by mayfielh
I think the RL maybe more like Linux than Mac.
Perhaps you are right, Mayfielh, since Linux is an open source code. In fact, the Mac OS (OSX and above) is based on a UNIX kernel. My G4 PowerBook and my iMac have never crashed (I've had an application quit a few times but that's it--MS Word). Robust stuff, UNIX.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

And you never have to worry about Virus attacks.

Lucky Dog. ;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

Wow, am I learning a lot in this forum. I always thought UNIX were those girlie men that hung around in harems. ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts

Originally posted by Webwader
And you never have to worry about Virus attacks.
Oh yeah, there is that. Never had one before (brag, brag). Still, I have anti-virus software, a firewall, and regularly run utilities. The neat thing about OSX is you can launch a "Terminal" window and type Unix commands right into the Terminal, which will then execute on your Mac. I use it to run certain maintenance tasks. Helps keep the hard drive clean :).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts