Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI
I am considering buying a 2006 Ridgeline RTS with 28000 miles for $21,000.
This is a Honda certified truck. Is this a good deal? Are their any major differences from the 2006 to the 2008 Ridgelines. Any info would b e appreciated.
thanks-nomad

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
HI
This is a Honda certified truck. Is this a good deal? Are their any major differences from the 2006 to the 2008 Ridgelines. Any info would b e appreciated.
thanks-nomad
Welcome to the ROC... At the right time you can snag a new RTS for around 25.5K... No real difference but some interior pattern change on the fabric, rims, and lighted vanity mirror for the driver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the links worked well when he first posted them. They have been updated by Honda. Now the original information is lost.

Dom

·
Registered
55 Posts
HI
thanks-nomad
The differences are paint and price, for the most part. As for your price... delve deeper into the market and do tons of research....Also please try to note the Thread when you post. I hope you do buy a Ridge..terrific vehicle for the target market.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
the links worked well when he first posted them. They have been updated by Honda. Now the original information is lost.

Dom
Not lost at all... the 2006 "Body" link was archived here, for those of us that have to look back once-in-a-while. :)

Happy Trails! :D

edit: Compare different year's features and specs here.

·
Administrator
15,723 Posts
Quote from the archive...

"Headlights

The Ridgeline headlamps have an aggressive single projector beam-style design with halogen lamps for bright and refined lighting. The lamp assemblies feature a tinted outer lens that wraps around the edge of the vehicle. The running lamps and front turn signals are housed inside. The headlights have an auto-off feature."

I thought our headlights were technically called "complex reflector", not "projector beam". Also, I sure don't see any tint in my headlamp lens!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I just bought a ridgeline last night.
I need some encouragement. I paid $20,400.00 for a rtl w/nav system 2006 with 70,000 miles. It looks and drives great ,other than the odementer you would not know. please some one tell me That the millage is not as big an issue as some think. A new 2008 would cost me $31,000.00.
Maybe I just have buyers remorse Because this ridgeline is a fine machine.
My first forum so email me your comment [email protected] in case I cant find your reply. Thanks John
:confused: :) :) :D but happy

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I need some encouragement. I paid $20,400.00 for a rtl w/nav system 2006 with 70,000 miles. It looks and drives great ,other than the odementer you would not know. please some one tell me That the millage is not as big an issue as some think. A new 2008 would cost me $31,000.00.
My first forum so email me your comment wasc[email protected] in case I cant find your reply. Thanks John
Congrats on your purchase ...there are members with well over a 100,000 with no issues at all...might want to post a pic in the "intro" forum

·
Registered
124 Posts
My first forum so email me your comment [email protected] in case I cant find your reply. Thanks John
I paid 17k for a 2006 RTL 22k miles in Dec. From a used car lot. I saw a 08 on ebay the next week with a canopy and cloth with 8k miles for only 18k.

I thought about buying hte cloth ebay 08 and selling mine I think I could have made money on both easy. You paid premium in my mind. 2006s are coming off lease and selling fast 17-19k around here theyll find you one if you want one.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I paid 17k for a 2006 RTL 22k miles in Dec. From a used car lot. I saw a 08 on ebay the next week with a canopy and cloth with 8k miles for only 18k.

I thought about buying hte cloth ebay 08 and selling mine I think I could have made money on both easy. You paid premium in my mind. 2006s are coming off lease and selling fast 17-19k around here theyll find you one if you want one.
I think he was asking for some "encouragement" and was not looking for someone to whiz on his parade....sheese....:eek:

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,592 Posts
Ahem... I believe you are about a year too late posting about a purchase made in January 2008.

Just sayin'....

·
Registered
21 Posts
To make you feel better, I just purchased my RTL for $27,400 Canadian. It's an 06 with 31,000 miles on it. You can't find them around here and the ones that are available are pretty beat. A bit of an impulse buy but I was in need of a vehicle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts