Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this sounds like a logistical nightmare to drive from California to Alabama :act060: but I was wondering what type of interest this might generate. Obviously this would cost alot in gas so maybe just flying :witching:there to take the tour with other Ridgeline owners from that area could be just as fun but I was just curious how many people might have an interest in watching the creation of a Ridgeline at the Honda plant in Lincoln, AL. It sound like the date is not yet set and maybe it might not even happen. But there is a year to plan for it if anyone has any grand ideas about going to this, here is the thread where I read about it: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=902378#post902378

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
So this sounds like a logistical nightmare to drive from California to Alabama
I was also reading that post. Sounds intriguing but the drive looks daunting.:act060:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Wow... If I could get the time off work I'd do that for sure. But I can't. Take pics and post em to whoever goes!!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I live in FL, so it is not that big a thing to me to drive to Alabama. If ROC or any other Ridgeline group decides to do an "official" tour of the plant, count me in. Just let me know in advance when it will happen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also reading that post. Sounds intriguing but the drive looks daunting.:act060:
So here are the round-trip STATS! 60 hours total driving, almost 4,200 miles round trip, 206 gallons of fuel, and nearly 670 dollars in fuel expenses at today's prices!

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Don't count on seeing the RL made since it is a fill in on the production line. Still an interesting trip. I would do it again. Not much other things to do in the area is the only drawback. I will most likely make it a one day thing since I am only a couple hours away. Or may book a room a Lake Guntersville state park, about an hour away. Always wanted to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I will be glad to join the group if this happens. It was about 3 yrs ago that the Southeast Group did the tour of the Lincoln AL plant. It was fantastic and the plant personnel were very glad to have us there. I hope this will happen.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,168 Posts
Count me in, I've got family in the area, and could do both at the same time.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
We might be able to go.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Definitely interested. I plan on being back in the Southeast next year so this meet would be doable. I've been to several meets in the Northeast and enjoyed them all.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Naval Air Museum is in Pensacola, only a short 288 miles away from Lincoln.
Been there done that, great facility. I would do it again. Only 400 miles for me and just minutes from beautiful Orange Beach, AL. A great meet could be organized around this idea. A bonus could be a tour of the Air Force Armament Museum just down the road. I did them both the same day.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Been there done that, great facility. I would do it again. Only 400 miles for me and just minutes from beautiful Orange Beach, AL. A great meet could be organized around this idea. A bonus could be a tour of the Air Force Armament Museum just down the road. I did them both the same day.
Yep, spent a lot of time in and around NAS Pensacola and Eglin AFB. There is a lot to see and do in that area, not to even mention the beach(if it's not hurricane season).

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Yep, spent a lot of time in and around NAS Pensacola and Eglin AFB. There is a lot to see and do in that area, not to even mention the beach(if it's not hurricane season).
Would be a great meet location for a long weekend meet. Lodging on the beach, convoy to the Naval Museum and AF Armament Museum, time on the beach, dinner at the Oyster House or Damons, have a few brews at the world famous Florabama lounge.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
So this sounds like a logistical nightmare to drive from California to Alabama :act060: but I was wondering what type of interest this might generate.
So are any plans being made??? I'll be on road trip eastward (all over the map) July & August. Would like to know if this is going on, so that I might be able to plan into my trip.

Dnick

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Naval Air Museum is in Pensacola, only a short 288 miles away from Lincoln.
Well worth the 288 miles, been there and throughly enjoyed my visit. Also not too far from there at Fort Walton is the Air Force Armament Museum, been there a couple of times also; static display of planes plus bombs, rockets, missiles, etc.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts