Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Honda Ridgeline Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Honda Ridgeline's fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory-equipped HID lighting & LED DRLs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs on the market. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs are designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

SLF: Street Legal Output. Much brighter than factory. These are bright! USA Made

Bulb Design

HP48: This bulb is designed with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light from this High Power Bulb is shined backwards and away from the bulb, not straight out. This means the output is excellent, because it uses the vehicle's housing completely, which then shines the light much more uniformly.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Honda Ridgeline).

Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics:
Fog Light LEDs for 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics:
Fog Light LEDs for 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Re: FS: Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

I'd love to be your guinea pig/tester for the XML2 on the ridgeline if you need one:act035:

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'd love to be your guinea pig/tester for the XML2 on the ridgeline if you need one:act035:
They have been tested, but if you'd like free-shipping send us a PM! :act035:

Nick C.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Greetings. I like the pull n play aspect vs a lot of adapters & zip ties!

What about for the DRLs on 2009+ Ridgelines? (Bulb is 9005/HB3).
I'd be much more interested in this for LED as it is on 80% of the time. I know there can be some warning light issues with LEDs in this application as the DRL circuit is 'sensitive' but is this 9005/HB3 equivalent available?

Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts

Greetings. I like the pull n play aspect vs a lot of adapters & zip ties!

What about for the DRLs on 2009+ Ridgelines? (Bulb is 9005/HB3).
I'd be much more interested in this for LED as it is on 80% of the time. I know there can be some warning light issues with LEDs in this application as the DRL circuit is 'sensitive' but is this 9005/HB3 equivalent available?

Thanks
DISREGARD - Search Engine failure on my part. I located on the site and will consider this conversion...

·
Registered
452 Posts
FS: Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

So these truely are plug and play? Nothing else is needed?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Do the XML2's use more power or less power than the stock bulb?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Since the light pattern is/seems to be so different, do they essentially become driving lights? also are they street legal with the new light pattern?

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Since the light pattern is/seems to be so different, do they essentially become driving lights? also are they street legal with the new light pattern?
It depends on your state's and locality's laws regarding auxiliary lamps. These are to be used as auxiliary lamps only (printed on the bottom of each bulb). I'd encourage you to check your local laws. Thanks!

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The XML2's produce more lumen output than your factory bulbs, which may be why the light output pattern appears different. They haven't been an issue for any of our customers who have purchased them and installed them already. They shouldn't cause you any on road-legality issues, but if you are concerned, I suggest leaving your vehicle's lighting unmodified

Nick C.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Has anyone in the ROC done the fog light conversion and, if so, can you provide some feedback? I'm especially interested to know if the brightest LED fogs can be used safely in daily driving/traffic situations (i.e. not blinding to oncoming drivers). Thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Has anyone in the ROC done the fog light conversion and, if so, can you provide some feedback? I'm especially interested to know if the brightest LED fogs can be used safely in daily driving/traffic situations (i.e. not blinding to oncoming drivers). Thanks.
The XML2's produce 1,420 lumens, which is brighter than the factory halogen fog light bulb, but it's not going to create a substantial increase in glare.

If you have any questions about the XML2s, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts