Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: FS: Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

Yay, more fog lights being turned into flood lights because the light coming from the 'bulbs' hits the reflectors differently than the stock bulb design.

Those are so fun to drive towards, especially on dark back roads and in the rain.

Here's a night time comparison video of our LED Fog Lights in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMBRkfJbuw&list=UUwLvBZYKqmiJvN10LddaErg

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Yay, more fog lights being turned into flood lights because the light coming from the 'bulbs' hits the reflectors differently than the stock bulb design.

Those are so fun to drive towards, especially on dark back roads and in the rain.
As you'll see in the video, the output is very much directed downwards, towards the road. This does vary by application.

I understand what you're getting at, but these are not HIDs, where you have double or triple the total output, which is really what produces the extra glare. In most applications, the output is quite nice. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Saving up to buy these xml2's someday. Maybe I'll end up getting enough diode dollars and review points 😄

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Saving up to buy these xml2's someday. Maybe I'll end up getting enough diode dollars and review points 😄
We also offer free-shipping for U.S. forum members :act030:

Nick C.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Yes thank you. I've had 2 or 3 free shipments so far!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts

Yes thank you. I've had 2 or 3 free shipments so far!!!
What bulbs have you bought (brightness, colour etc), and what are your findings so far? I would be interested in a real world user review...

I don't doubt they are great, but sometimes it can be the little issues or annoyances that get missed until someone has run with the mod for a while and updates us.

Tks

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Re: FS: Ridgeline Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

I've replace the four in the bed with the (194's) - HP5 (92 lumens) cool white (6000K)

The map light (31mm smf6) 94 lumens - I went with warm white to eliminate any harshness up front

The rear dome light (194's HP3) 56 lumens warm white again didn't want it harsh in the cab.

I also replaced all the bulbs in my teardrop for less battery drain than the halogens that came stock.

All in all I've been happy with them.they're more pricey than eBay but I figure you get what you pay for. I'm hoping this are crafted better and will last longer. I have noticed that they are brighter than comparably rated bulbs in terms of lumens (i.e. If you took a 100 lumen bulb off eBay it would not be as bright as these 94 lumen bulbs). I've seen some rated at 100 that are note as bright as these 56's.

The biggest reason I switched was two fold. I wanted brighter over stock in the bed, plus my knee has hit the bed lamp switch and unknowingly turned tem on in the past. So I started by just replacing those that are most likely to be left on accidentally. That way I'll have a better chance of being able to start the vehicle the next morning.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: FS: Ridgeline Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

Tks Elkhunter,
I have done the same thing many times, hitting the bed lights with my knee. It is a pain.

I appreciate the info. I was also thinking of warm white for interior, for the same reasons you did. Don't want the harshness of super white lights.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

I was gonna buy a couple but the ones I want are not available.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

I was gonna buy a couple but the ones I want are not available.
Give us a call if you are still having trouble placing an order: (314) 205-3033

We'd be happy to assist you

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

I was just thinking of this the other night when I was driving on a 2 lane in a pretty heavy downpour if there could be a brighter fog light. The XML2 looks to fit that bill. I would however like to see if someone here has done the conversion and could post some comparison pics. I don't use my fog lights unless they are needed.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

I was just thinking of this the other night when I was driving on a 2 lane in a pretty heavy downpour if there could be a brighter fog light. The XML2 looks to fit that bill. I would however like to see if someone here has done the conversion and could post some comparison pics. I don't use my fog lights unless they are needed.
The XML2 produces 1,420 lumens (measured), which will be plenty of usable output for the fog light location. It's also not going to create as much heat or glare as an HID conversion kit.

We haven't had a Ridgeline in for comparison shots recently, but here's a comparison of our options:

Nick C.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Honda Ridgeline Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Model Options! New XML2 Added!

I know you guys are at SEMA, so no rush responding. I am interested in using your LED bulbs for both the foglights and DRLs on my RL (which will have a 2014 bumper). I am interested in the version with similar to factory brightness. Do I have to be concerned about heat from the LEDs distorting the plastic lens housings?

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Re: Honda Ridgeline Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Model Options! New XML2 Added!

I know you guys are at SEMA, so no rush responding. I am interested in using your LED bulbs for both the foglights and DRLs on my RL (which will have a 2014 bumper). I am interested in the version with similar to factory brightness. Do I have to be concerned about heat from the LEDs distorting the plastic lens housings?
Our LED options are designed specifically for the automotive application and measured extensively to ensure that they won't generate significantly more heat than the factory bulbs.

They won't increase any risks of damaging your housings

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Thank you for your support!
Nick C.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts