Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Re: FS: Honda Ridgeline LED Conversion Kit! Upgrade your lights, great mod! Easy Inst

We have to find another RL to get in the studio for comparison shots. Our customer service team can find the bulb sizes, but we'd like to have pictures to make it easier for RL owners.

(GO ROYALS BTW! I'm from KC)

Nick C.
Promo thought......... offer free lighting upgrade to a member here who's in your area & can make their truck available to you for that?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: FS: Honda Ridgeline LED Conversion Kit! Upgrade your lights, great mod! Easy Inst

Promo thought......... offer free lighting upgrade to a member here who's in your area & can make their truck available to you for that?
Good idea.

As a side note, I bought a lot of inexpensive LEDs on ebay for the interior and license plate lights since light output is not paramount. I'd be willing to pay a few dollars more for high powered bed lights though. The cheap ebay lights are all 194 based bulbs. However, as you probably know, the base only tells part of the story. You need the LEDs aimed properly to make the most of the light. There must be dozens of different LED configurations based on the 194. I think some of the "power users" here actually took an existing LED from another manufacturer and then modified it slightly to work properly in the Ridgeline's bed light sockets.

One of the benefits of a forum is that you can provide this information to everyone at once instead of having someone call or email for a "special" solution. If you need more info, they can provide it here for the benefit of everyone. My Ridgeline isn't any more special than someone else's here insomuch that we have the same reflectors on the lights in our bed. :)

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

We are actively searching for a Ridgeline in St. Louis to install some new products on and get some excellent comparison shots.

Our 194-flex light LED strips are waterproof and would be perfect for a truck-bed application.

Several members of our company (including myself) are in Las Vegas for the SEMA show this week. If you have more questions, feel free to send an email to: [email protected] and we can provide you with more information and opinions.

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

What about the 4 in bed lights? Have you options for them?

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

What about the 4 in bed lights? Have you options for them?
They are 194-sized bulbs (as other members have mentioned) which we have several brightness options for.

I recommend the HP3 (56 lumens) or the HP5 (92 lumens) for the bed lighting location. We will be adding a listing to the Honda Ridgeline section shortly

Feel free to give us a call for more information: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Honda Ridgeline LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Photos! Plug & Play Install!

Anyone think about the winter with LED headlamp replacements? The LEDs don't generate any (or very little) heat, so what will happen when snow and ice builds up on the headlights and then doesn't melt off? Just curious as I want to upgrade to the LEDs, but was thinking...

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Re: Honda Ridgeline LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Photos! Plug & Play Install!

Anyone think about the winter with LED headlamp replacements? The LEDs don't generate any (or very little) heat, so what will happen when snow and ice builds up on the headlights and then doesn't melt off? Just curious as I want to upgrade to the LEDs, but was thinking...
They will still generate heat to melt ice

Ice and snow buildup is probably something you should take care of before driving in those conditions. I understand where you are coming from (it can get nasty here in the Midwest).

Our engineering team is still working on a plug and play LED low-beam replacement that will produce significantly better output than the factory halogen bulbs.

We have a lot of new products coming soon!

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Thanks Nick! I do ALWAYS clear the head & tail lights (& turn signals) but I now under driving conditions in very cold weather, I have been unable to keep the windsheild clear and deiced in an old Bronco... The headlights pick up spray and new falling snow and wanted to be sure they would melt off the lenses. Gotta think! :act006:

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Thanks Nick! I do ALWAYS clear the head & tail lights (& turn signals) but I now under driving conditions in very cold weather, I have been unable to keep the windsheild clear and deiced in an old Bronco... The headlights pick up spray and new falling snow and wanted to be sure they would melt off the lenses. Gotta think! :act006:
I'll have our engineering team take heat measurements between the various options when we finalize the design of our LED replacements.

They are going to generate quite a bit of heat, but not so much so that it's going to create any risk of damage to your housings or lenses.

Nick C.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Does the headliner have to be removed to change the dome interior lights?

·
Registered
67 Posts

I've replaced most of my interior lights with Diode Dynamics led bulbs and I'm very satisfied with the lights and the customer service when I needed some assistance.
In addition, I replaced the license plate light bulbs and have bulbs on the way for the bed lights (194 HP3's).
If you are thinking about ordering license plate bulbs, get the HP3's. I tried the SMD2's and they were not bright enough. The SMD2's look pretty good in the photo, but the HP3's light up the plate more evenly and they look better and "right". Oh, and I ordered the 6000k cool whites.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts

After I installed my tonneau I wanted brighter cleaner light from the existing bed lights. I put some 6000k HP5 LEDs and love them.

Thank you!

Mike

21 - 40 of 44 Posts