Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Honda Ridgeline License Plate LEDs

License plate bulbs are used to illuminate the rear license plate on your Ridgeline. From the factory, the bulbs are incandescent, lighting up in a yellowish color.

Newer luxury cars use LED modules to illuminate the license plate with modern, cool white light. By changing your license plate bulbs to LED, you can easily add this luxury look to your Ridgeline!

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your factory bulb.

With low price and easy install, this is one of the best, easiest modifications you can do to improve how your Honda Ridgeline looks at night.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several LED bulb model options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs. (24 lumens)
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright! (56 lumens)
HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs! (92 lumens)

Bulb Design

SMD2: Compact design, with two 5050-size Epistar SMD chips, driven at high power for maximum effective brightness. Outputs at 180 degrees.

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Honda Ridgeline).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Honda Ridgeline License Plate LED

194 LED Bulb Models

Honda Ridgeline License Plate LED

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or Email [email protected]

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
679 Posts
2007 ridgeline

can i use the license plate led's at lower brightness (194 smd2's) in the doors? in the foor light section, you all seem to offer only the higher brightness, and i have ghost lights that shine down mounted under the doors that i don't want washed out, the stock door lights are even too bright.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 ridgeline

can i use the license plate led's at lower brightness (194 smd2's) in the doors? in the foor light section, you all seem to offer only the higher brightness, and i have ghost lights that shine down mounted under the doors that i don't want washed out, the stock door lights are even too bright.
You can use the SMD2's in any location that uses a 194 sized bulb

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Our biggest sale of the season starts NOW!

Save 20% on all products including License Plate Bulbs with coupon code: JULY4 now through Friday, July 5th at 11:59 CST!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Click Here To Shop Now

Cannot be combined with additional discounts or free-shipping code

·
Super Moderator
12,795 Posts
Although this thread is about license plate lights, note that @Diode Dynamics is still showing their SL1 LED's to be compatible with the 2017-2019 Ridgeline and 2016-2019 Pilot when, in fact, they don't fit. I've told them over the phone, on this forum, through email, and through their website multiple times that they don't fit and explained why, yet they are still offering them as compatible.

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Although this thread is about license plate lights, note that @Diode Dynamics is still showing their SL1 LED's to be compatible with the 2017-2019 Ridgeline and 2016-2019 Pilot when, in fact, they don't fit. I've told them over the phone, on this forum, through email, and through their website multiple times that they don't fit and explained why, yet they are still offering them as compatible.

Thanks for posting! I'm sincerely sorry for the oversight. I've forwarded your comment to our website manager, who should have those listings corrected shortly.

Thanks again!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
/center]​

HURRY! Only a few hours left!

Save 20% on all LED upgrades with coupon code: JULY4 at checkout! Head over to our website before this sale is gone! Sale ends Friday, July 5th at 11:59 CST!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Click Here To Shop Now

Cannot be combined with additional discounts or free-shipping code

1 - 11 of 11 Posts