Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is the wrong place, new to the forum - as a new Ridgeline owner.
I just bought a used 2019 Ridgeline RTL-T. So excited, love all the features. My question is should it have come with a physical key? I see that the driver's door and the bed trunk do have key slots, but so far I haven't found an actual key in the accessories I was given with the car. I honestly didn't even think to look/ask as I was looking at 50 other things.
Assuming the key is missing, what's the best way to get one - if necessary?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG, well I feel like an idiot. 😂 I kept flipping the little lock on the key fob thinking the back piece would pop out for a battery or something, and I couldn't make that happen... Thanks all for the quick replies to what now seems so obvious.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't worry, rk-ridge. The key was the only question I asked my salesman after a follow-up call from him. I was embarrassed for not reading my manual right away. I had not bought a vehicle for 13 years and didn't know about the "key-in-the-FOB" thing.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E
17 Posts
Probably common knowledge but sharing in case.
If you leave the electronic key fob in the car and lock the door with the key From he fob it disables the fob inside the car so touching the door handle will not unlock the door. It’s great when you’re going to the water and you don’t wanna have to figure out where to put your electronic key fob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts