Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Just enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Especially need more 2009s and 2010s.

Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May, with a preview for participants in mid-April.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
We've updated the results for the Ridgeline to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 16

2007: 38

2006: 23

All are better than average. Much of the difference between these figures could be random error.

A big thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years. Any 2009s here?

To see how competitors compare, and sign up to participate:

Honda Ridgeline reliability comparisons

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
We've updated the results for the Ridgeline to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 25

2007: 27

2006: 22

All are better than average.

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February.

To see how competitors compare, and sign up to help:

Honda Ridgeline reliability comparisons

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
We've updated the results for the Ridgeline to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

2008: 30

2007: 26

2006: 23

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May.

Honda Ridgeline reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
278 Posts
Let's see now, my RTX is a little over 4 years old, has a little over 74K miles on it. In the past two months I did front brakes and new tires (General Grabber HTS'). I did rear brakes at 57k and oil changes when told. Oh, a new battery about 14 months ago.

Other than that it keeps on rolling and impressing my passengers. Just yesterday I drove someone home and they couldn't believe they were riding in a truck.

I hope to get another 74k miles out of it. It'd be a perfect time for Honda to introduce it's high mpg diesel to the Ridgeline and Pilot!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just signed up today for my 06 and looking forward to participating and get the positive recognition it so rightly deserves!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
We've updated the results for the Ridgeline to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of this year.

2009: 62, small sample size

2008: 35

2007: 9

2006: 39

All are better than average except for the 2009, which is about average but based on a small sample size.

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and fully cover all model years.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
G'day. It is probably worth separating the 2009 model year into location of manufacture (Alliston, Ontario or Lincoln, Alabama). It would be good to track whether or not the perceived drop in quality from the move is real.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
G'day. It is probably worth separating the 2009 model year into location of manufacture (Alliston, Ontario or Lincoln, Alabama). It would be good to track whether or not the perceived drop in quality from the move is real.
Interesting. I wasn't aware that this might be a variable, one that might explain the higher reported repair frequency for the 2009.

The problem is that most people won't know where their truck was made.

When did the shift occur? Are all Ridgelines now made in Lincoln?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Interesting. I wasn't aware that this might be a variable, one that might explain the higher reported repair frequency for the 2009.

The problem is that most people won't know where their truck was made.

When did the shift occur? Are all Ridgelines now made in Lincoln?
Since mid 2009...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
We've updated our reliability stats for the Ridgeline to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

2009: 51

2008: 31

2007: 3 (not a typo, but probably too low to be accurate)

2006: 46

All are better than average except for the 2009, which is about average but based on a small sample size.

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and fully cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
We've updated the results for the Ridgeline to include owner experiences through June 30, 2011.

2009: 36

2008: 30

2007: 10 (not a typo, but probably too low to be accurate)

2006: 51

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

For the Ridgeline these two stats are:

2008: 88, less than one

2007: 93, less than one

2006: 69, less than one

Honda Ridgeline Lemon-odds and Nada-odds

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and fully cover all model years.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just signed up both my Ridge and my wife's Sebring hardtop convertable. Interesting site. Glad I can contribute.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
We've updated the our reliability stats for the Ridgeline (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2009: 16, small sample size

2008: 27

2007: 13

2006: 51

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

For the Ridgeline these two stats are:

2008: 84, less than one

2007: 85, less than one

2006: 67, less than one

Honda Pilot Lemon-odds and Nada-odds

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates later this month and in May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and fully cover all model years.

·
Registered
438 Posts
just signed up my 08

81 - 100 of 139 Posts
About this Discussion
138 Replies
61 Participants
Schlesinger
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing