Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm responding to a comment that's almost 3 years old....but if you're tuned-in just wondering how the 2017 Ridgeline has been so far. I also have a 2007 and am considering buying a 2019.

Thanks.
My 2017 I picked up in August 2016 (as a 17 model). I've only had 2 minor issues and those were covered under warranty. The first ended up being a recall of the tail gate release mechanism. The 2nd my drivers seat side compressed/failed and was replaced with a new one. I'm a big guy, but I never had this issue with my 07 over 9½ years. But this is the power seat and I don't know if the side seat support is thinner because of that. At 3 years and 2 months, the same seat issue is back and I'm sort of working around it.

But otherwise the truck has been great. It tows my camper great, around town fuel economy is between 20 and 21 mpg regularly. That's real mpg not Honda mpg. A 1700 mile trip I did in May and got 29 real mpg on the highway. Which was fabulous.

It's been awesome in the snow. SO much better than my 07 ever was and that's not even in snow mode. Ride, comfort, convenience, looks, usability are excellent. I get so many compliments on the new looks from so many people. I'm so glad I'm not driving another block of wood truck down the road too.

I'm very happy with it and looking forward to playing in the snow when it arrives!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My 2017 I picked up in August 2016 (as a 17 model). I've only had 2 minor issues and those were covered under warranty. The first ended up being a recall of the tail gate release mechanism. The 2nd my drivers seat side compressed/failed and was replaced with a new one. I'm a big guy, but I never had this issue with my 07 over 9½ years. But this is the power seat and I don't know if the side seat support is thinner because of that. At 3 years and 2 months, the same seat issue is back and I'm sort of working around it.

But otherwise the truck has been great. It tows my camper great, around town fuel economy is between 20 and 21 mpg regularly. That's real mpg not Honda mpg. A 1700 mile trip I did in May and got 29 real mpg on the highway. Which was fabulous.

It's been awesome in the snow. SO much better than my 07 ever was and that's not even in snow mode. Ride, comfort, convenience, looks, usability are excellent. I get so many compliments on the new looks from so many people. I'm so glad I'm not driving another block of wood truck down the road too.

I'm very happy with it and looking forward to playing in the snow when it arrives!
Thanks very much for sharing your experience - sounds like you got all you were hoping for in your G2. Very helpful/reassuring.

How big is your camper? Any idea how much it weighs?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
At 3 years and 2 months, the same seat issue is back and I'm sort of working around it.
I seem to remember that some replacement parts carry lifetime warranties. If this is true you might have your replacement seat covered.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm at about 85,000 miles and I had to replace the engine due to a severely scored cylinder. I babied it and used only synthetic oil. :(

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
131 Posts
According to iseecars.com, pretty damned good. Since 2007, the RL and Taco are, according to them, the two mid-sizes most likely to reach 200K with regular maintenance (300K for the Taco), and are the two most reliable mid-sizes with the highest resale values and owner satisfaction. Those two are their top picks, new or used; none of the others come close, although they do acknowledge that the 3rd Gen Taco (2016-on) has slipped some in reliability (transmission and other issues) and owner satisfaction.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Traded off my 2007 RTX at 122k that I bought new for a 2018 used RTL-E. Found out my prior ride had a bad transmission that was ready to go unknown to me. I baby'd this truck from birth. 90/10 city driving. Just my experience. I'll be trading off around 100k based upon my experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2019 RTL-E, At about 6000 miles my steering angle sensor was going bad. Lots of clicking sounds when turning the steering wheel. Now I am at 12000 miles and I am starting to hear the clicking again.. I will have the dealer check it out at the next oil change.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts