Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Honda Ridgeline reliability - how does it compare?

117K views 150 replies 67 participants last post by  fisheye_g2 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted more up-to-date auto reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started conducting reliability research at TrueDelta.com. TrueDelta reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to the help of this forum and its members, for which I am very grateful, we've been providing results for the 2006, 2007, and 2008. Additional participants would be helpful, especially for 2009 and newer.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Ridgeline, for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

#38 ·
gonzo, the April 2008 issue of Consumer Reports gives the Ridgeline a "Better Than Average" rating for the 2006 and 2007 models. The 2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 received only an "Average" rating. Were you looking at an older issue of Consumer Reports? :confused: Just wondering.
Tom

#12 ·
FWIW for future research, I just filled out my JD Powell Initial quality survey (my first ever), and afer 700 MILES! She's still tight!

#19 ·
I just signed up and will check my email for survey.:) :) :)

#20 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just an FYI, the survey email goes out the first week of each month. To prevent follow-ups, respond within a week. Those months when no response is required, simply click the "check in" link in the email.

Started too late to include the Ridgeline in next month's results. But the next set, in November, will hopefully include the RL.

27 owners are currently signed up. More would certainly be helpful. For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.