Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
15,258 Posts
Companies trademark names all the time for a number of different reasons - to fuel speculation, to block a competitor, to sell the rights to use the trademark, etc. Honda previously used the "Trailsport" name for a 90cc motorcycle back in the 1970s.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea not holding my breath :LOL: I agree with the statement "All it might take to appease budding off-road enthusiasts is introduce some underbody protection, bulging all-terrain tires, extra body cladding, and robust suspension bits with extra travel and ground clearance." I don't think anyone thinks Honda will go after Jeep and Ford.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
With no transfer case, I doubt it's for anything that comes out of Alabama. Maybe it's to go against something like TRD/Adventrue for a CRV or perhaps for one of those mule things. If that Bronco takes off, yet another segment Honda foregoes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I always thought they should've used the Accord front end instead of the Pilot/CRV. Wondered what it might look like and had a couple minutes to kill. It's very rough, no where near perfect from just mashing two similar angles together, but hell, just about anything is better looking than the current front end!

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
I always thought they should've used the Accord front end instead of the Pilot/CRV. Wondered what it might look like and had a couple minutes to kill. It's very rough, no where near perfect from just mashing two similar angles together, but hell, just about anything is better looking than the current front end! View attachment 404214
Here's my crappy photochop from a couple years ago. G1 front clip on the G2.

Honda just needs to make the headlights perfectly horizontal instead of slanted. That would really change the look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
I'm with @zroger73, it may not be a truck at all, but a reincarnation of their small motorcycle. After all, Honda is toying with bringing back the CT110, and they've already brought back the Monkey and Super Cub.

Honda Powersports and Honda Automobiles really need to get together... remember the Ridgeline ROAV?

·
Registered
14 Posts

Honda just needs to make the headlights perfectly horizontal instead of slanted. That would really change the look.
Right? One can dream. In the meantime, just gotta make do going to birthday parties in my super soft G2.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I always thought they should've used the Accord front end instead of the Pilot/CRV. Wondered what it might look like and had a couple minutes to kill. It's very rough, no where near perfect from just mashing two similar angles together, but hell, just about anything is better looking than the current front end! View attachment 404214
Lol sharing a front clip with a car will definitely not help increase sales, the truck already get's enough crap with the Pilot clip. To me your idea isn't bad, I feel like the Ranger is kind of similar with rounded front corners. Although I feel like with some people it doesn't matter what Honda does they will always hate.

Yep I love this, personally I loved the front end of the G1 better but hated the sail pillars. I see why Honda decided to share parts with the Pilot, not like the Ridgeline get's enough sales to justify making a unique nose. I don't really care that it shares a front end with a Pilot. What would be good is to make the front end of the Pilot and RL better. If Ridgeline ever gets enough sales maybe I could see them spending the $ to start designing it differently.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Lol sharing a front clip with a car will definitely not help increase sales, the truck already get's enough crap with the Pilot clip. To me your idea isn't bad, I feel like the Ranger is kind of similar with rounded front corners. Although I feel like with some people it doesn't matter what Honda does they will always hate.

Yep I love this, personally I loved the front end of the G1 better but hated the sail pillars. I see why Honda decided to share parts with the Pilot, not like the Ridgeline get's enough sales to justify making a unique nose. I don't really care that it shares a front end with a Pilot. What would be good is to make the front end of the Pilot and RL better. If Ridgeline ever gets enough sales maybe I could see them spending the $ to start designing it differently.
The last generation Pilot was panned by the media for being too boxy, so Honda took the opposite approach on the current Pilot, and I think it bit them back.

Now the media says it's too soft, and definitely too soft to share with a pickup truck. Honda needs to find a nice middle ground if they continue to share the sheet metal. The Passport was a step in the right direction of appearance, despite still having the same soft sheet metal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My guess is, if they ever use this, will be badged on a small engine side by side or motorcycle...not a passenger vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
So we have an opinion piece by an automotive "journalist" that speculates on Honda's corporate efforts in developing an offroad persona with overuse of words like "could" and "might" and people think it deserves to be commented on and shared on the internet. Sounds to me like a description of how BS gets perpetuated. Does the word "clickbait" come to mind?

·
Administrator
15,258 Posts
So we have an opinion piece by an automotive "journalist" that speculates on Honda's corporate efforts in developing an offroad persona with overuse of words like "could" and "might" and people think it deserves to be commented on and shared on the internet. Sounds to me like a description of how BS gets perpetuated. Does the word "clickbait" come to mind?
I'm not very familiar with CARBUZZ, but I've read several of their articles lately that I would never put my name on.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm sure you guys are right. The only thing that gives us any hope is that the incoming N. A. Exec acknowledged that the current light truck line looks a bit soft.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It appears that Honda has trademark the name Trailsport. According to the article from AutoBlog it could be used for a new vehicle or make a special off-road version of the Ridgeline or CR-V.

Here is a quote from the full article here:

Maybe a Ridgeline Trailsport is what's in the offing. An offroad-optimized version of Honda's impressive midsize pickup would be an obvious move. It also would help infuse the truck with some machismo, which never hurts in the pickup market. See Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison, or the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro for examples.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,931 Posts
I always thought they should've used the Accord front end instead of the Pilot/CRV. Wondered what it might look like and had a couple minutes to kill. It's very rough, no where near perfect from just mashing two similar angles together, but hell, just about anything is better looking than the current front end!
View attachment 404214
Good lord in heaven. Why would you do that?? You are a very bad man!

Great Photoshop skills though :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Umm you're commenting on it and reading this entire thread so it must hold some interest lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts