Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda says I am the only one who's sunvisor rattles

I heard back from Honda today about my laundry lists of concerns & a couple of real issues. They said I was the first person to call in about the sunvisor rattling problem; they haven't noticed it or heard about it.

I explained it rattled very loud over expansion joints and rough roads in general, they told me to take it to the dealer. It seems like a simple test to me, I checked another Ridgeline in the show room and it did the same thing, just move your sunvisor back and forth; with the wiggle room it has in the clips it sounds like two marbles clanking together.

If you are experiencing the same problem please report this through the 800 #. Since they think I am the only one with the problem they did not take it very seriously.

This design flaw is annoying & embarrassing, my new truck rattles like it's 10 years old. It is an obvious design problem not a dealer fix.

I have seen this issue addressed before has anyone else called this in?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
How annoying that must be. I'd certainly call if I had the problem, but our ride is smooth and quiet. I hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the problem when the visor is down. When the visor is up it doesn't seem to rattled when in the up posision. I'm on a lot of rough roads and the rattle is quite loud in fact I looked all for the rattle and found in where the visor clips on. I sure don't wont to put tape on. It would just cheapen the RL.

I made a note of this on my survey. Maybe I'll hear from them.

Tiger

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, I looked over the other thread on this and saw the same issue. I will use some tape as well until I can get it to the Dealer.

If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape... if it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40 :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
This is an old thread but Honda has released a TSB on the issue. I posted it in the TSB section for those interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts