Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting comment ... :)

"Meanwhile, Honda truck volume rose 2 percent to 43,163, as strong Ridgeline sales offset declines in sales of Odysseys, Pilots and CR-V".

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
With the prices I've seen ROC members getting recently (up to $4500 off MSRP on RTS) I'm not surprised by this jump in sales, especially 6 months after release with more on-road exposure (seeing them everywhere now), more driving experiences by owners, and more peace of mind in a new model vehicle.

I'm also reading here on the ROC more and more big domestic truck owners trading in for the RL. I guess Honda is moving right on in to this truck market afterall!!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Also, Honda's original goal was to sell 50,000 RL's in the first year. Well, even if sales level off at this rate, that will be done by March.

There has been some confusion about this number. Does the first year go to March or September or what? Honda also raised this estimate to 80,000, which seems to be achievable if the first year goes to Sept. when the '07's start to come out.

As people get more used to paying the current gas prices and the initial shock wears off, things should get back to normal in the truck biz. I doubt very highly that we will ever see gas under $2 again, so this will just become a reality of life.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I should hope so that sales are improving with the fact my dealer has like 30 of them on the lot right now. But, they only have one Amazon because that's all they can get. NICE!!! Keeps my color more rare. But, I have seen more Amazons on the road than any other color.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Accosiated Press article today.
Not much new info BUT take note of sentence after REPORTS:
And especially the LAST sentence.

"Auto sales plummet in face of gas prices"

REPORTS: Of American and Asian makers, only Honda reports a rise in salesroom activity.
BY DEE-ANN DURBIN
mE ASSOCIATED PRESS
U.S. auto sales fell sharply in October, dampened by hurri*canes, fidgety consumers and high gasoline prices. Automak*ers warned that they don't ex*pect an,upswing in November.
General Motors Corp., Ford
I Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co. reported big declines Tuesday, while Toyota Motor Corp.'s U.S. sales edged up slightly, Honda Motor Co.'s sales rose, and DaimlerChrysler AG's sales were flat.
Sport utility vehicles took the biggest hit across all makers, with sales of many models down 50 percent or more.
GM, the world's biggest auto*maker, said its U.S. sales fell 22.7 percent in October from a year ago, led by a 30.3 percent decline in sales of trucks and SUVs. GM's car sales fell 10.6 percent for the month. Overall, GM's sales feIl2.Tper*cent for the first 10 months of the year.
Ford's U.S. sales fell 23 per*cent in October from a year ago. Sales of Ford, Lincoln and Mer*cury trucks and sport utility vehicles fell 30 percent com*
. pared to la~~ October, while car

sales slipped 3.7 percent. Ford's popular F-series truck saw sales fall 32 percent.
Ford s~id its new Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr midsize sedans were notable exceptions, exceeding Ford's expectations in their first month in dealerships.
DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group said its car sales rose a whopping 37 percent. While truck and SUV sales fell 9.5 percent, overall sales were flat for the month. Chrysler's sales were up 6.9 percent for the first 10 months of the year.
Asian automakers also expe*
rienced a downtUrn in October.
Nissan . said U.S. sales were down 19 percent, including a 23 percent dip in car sales. South Kore'a's Hyundai MQtor Co. said sales were down 7.7 percent in October, led by a 9.7 percent decrease in car sales.
But Toyota said its U.S. sales rose 5.2 percent in October, boosted by a 12.6 percent jump in car sales. And Honda report*ed a 4 percent increase, which it attributed to strong sales of its redesigned Civic sedan as well as the new Ridgeline pickup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2598&st=0

Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread. I understand that the link I mentioned is a pro GM site. But I am interested in your thoughts on that site with regard to your likes and dislike about the Ridgline.

Ie

1) Did your cross shop other pickup and which one?
2) Did you buy it just because it is a Honda?
3) Are you a typical BOF pick up truck person?
4) Did you trade in a typical Body on Frame truck.
5) How did the Ridgline fill your daily needs?

I think you get the idea. Though I regularly post over at the site I mentioned, I am pretty level headed about the auto business and do not favor any one manufacturer. But, your views would be appreciated like me. I am not looking to start a war but get good discussion on the reasons why the Ridgline appealed to you and put real data out there. If your read my comments on the tread I posted, you will see my opinion of the Ridgline.

L

·
0 Posts
QUOTE by evok: Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread.

So you're NOT interested in what a woman has to say??

·
Registered
774 Posts
ladyridge said:
QUOTE by evok: Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread.

So you're NOT interested in what a woman has to say??
A little sensitve??????:D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread.
Maybe it's that evok is aware that women don't wait to be asked before chiming in. :D
(Looking for place to hide now)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hay, I would like a 2 dr Lexus sport thingee, but the real world stepped in and I once had a 77 toyo pickup, used. My daughters did nice work on it both the front and rear, but it was utiliterian. I then got a Ran 1500 4wd in 85 and kept it until 91 when the wife kicked me out; therefore, a 91 Acura Integra 3 dr hatch, remarried and in 2001 a Toyo selera. turned out to be too small for
halling stuff, but a 2003 Highlander and then wife wanted to trade the pop up and I though, AAH something to towe a potty;therefore, a 2005 4 Runner 2WD because it towed 7300lbs. Whatever, got an Aliner 1250 lbs, did not need the 4 Runner and during this time I was interested in what Hinda was doing in the developement of the Ridgeline. Hay I'm 67 or was 65 at the time I started dreaming. I wanted the utility of a 4WD truck but I wanted the comfort of a sedan, my old bones wanted comfort. THEREFORE AND CONSEQUENTLY, when the wife decided to buy a summer place in Blowing Rock, Boone, or Elk Park NC... SNOW COUNTRY, AHAW!!! a 4 wheel drive and I knew that the Ridgeline looked promissing. When I drove it and the wife liked it. As they say, a match in Heaven was made.:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
evok said:
http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2598&st=0

Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread. I understand that the link I mentioned is a pro GM site. But I am interested in your thoughts on that site with regard to your likes and dislike about the Ridgline.

Ie

1) Did your cross shop other pickup and which one?
2) Did you buy it just because it is a Honda?
3) Are you a typical BOF pick up truck person?
4) Did you trade in a typical Body on Frame truck.
5) How did the Ridgline fill your daily needs?

I think you get the idea. Though I regularly post over at the site I mentioned, I am pretty level headed about the auto business and do not favor any one manufacturer. But, your views would be appreciated like me. I am not looking to start a war but get good discussion on the reasons why the Ridgline appealed to you and put real data out there. If your read my comments on the tread I posted, you will see my opinion of the Ridgline.
Done. Thanks for the link! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts