Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was getting a lot of "BRAKE" warnings with on coming cars on 2 lane roads, even on the straights. Yet I never got one warning me to brake to avoid rear ending someone. So I gave the adjustment screw for the radar sensor a few turns clockwise thinking I was aiming it down. Things got worse. So I found a tiny bubble level and placed it on top of the radar sensor while the truck was parked on a flat. Turns out it was way high. Turning it counter clockwise aims it down and I set it to be level and will check and see how that plays out. I know I didn't turn it up as much as turned it down.

There is an access hole for the adjustment screw to the left of the hood latch. CC is aiming down

·
Registered
461 Posts
There are settings to adjust certain parameters of the sensing units.

IF you are going to mess with the aim of the radar unit, record your starting point just in case (example: 1.5 turns clockwise from factory) you need to return it to its original position.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
There are settings to adjust certain parameters of the sensing units.

IF you are going to mess with the aim of the radar unit, record your starting point just in case (example: 1.5 turns clockwise from factory) you need to return it to its original position.
Agreed! I adjusted the parameters of the unit and have had very few false alarms...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) I'm pretty sure that level is how they intended it to be or somewhere near level. There's a flat spot on the radar sensor and with two round holes. Probably for an aiming tool.

2) if you mean "parameters" as in the settings in the vehicle menu then you're on the wrong page. I'm talking about it seeing cars in the opposite lane coming at me and not a following distance issue. I already have or had two other Hondas with Honda Sense and they don't act like this one. This one is not right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts