Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at installing a Traxda 1.5 front .5 rear lift kit and then bigger tires on my RLT-E. I am concerned that the lift kit or tires will mess up the Honda Sensing but I have only seen one post of someone having this issue. Does anyone else know if this is a regular problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too am looking to get bigger tires for my Ridgeline 2017 RTL. Right now it has the manufacturer's 245r18. I'd like to get a little bigger tire and was wondering how it would impact the ride of the vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking at installing a Traxda 1.5 front .5 rear lift kit and then bigger tires on my RLT-E. I am concerned that the lift kit or tires will mess up the Honda Sensing but I have only seen one post of someone having this issue. Does anyone else know if this is a regular problem?
I installed 2" front and rear trades lift kit and got 265/60/18 Goodyear duratrac tires. Haven't had an issue with sensing. I do have a slight rub at full lock.

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
1. Here's Honda's position statement on aftermarket accessories.

2. The owner's manual says:

"[RDM] may not properly detect lane markings and the position of your vehicle [if] the vehicle is tilted due to a heavy load or suspension modifications."

"[ACC] may automatically shut off and the ACC indicator will come on [if] the vehicle is tilted due to a heavy load or suspension modifications."

3. The service information says:

"GENERAL AIMING REQUIREMENTS

Although the procedures for radar unit and camera aiming are different, the general aiming requirements are the same. Here are the minimum requirements for both the vehicle and the aiming area.

Vehicle Requirements

• The suspension has not been modified."

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Honda's official position is clearly meant to absolve them from any responsibility for the consequences of an owner installing aftermarket parts or equipment. That's completely understandable. In the case of suspension mods such as 1.5" front lifts/leveling kits, it remains an open question as to how significantly this change will affect the RL's safety systems and other operational characteristics.

It appears that more than a few Honda dealers have decided the liability risks associated with these modest lifts are manageable. They are offering modified RLs for sale or installing the lifts for their customers. Owners must make their own decisions about altering their vehicles. Interestingly, Honda has featured lifted RLs at special interest auto shows but has not offered any such vehicles for sale to be used on public roadways.

FWIW, here's what Jsport has said about its RL leveling kit: "We have designed our kit to work seamlessly with any trim level including those with Honda sensing. We have tested our products extensively on vehicles with that feature and have had no issues."

As always, YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts