Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Best way to go broke is to loose a nickle on everything you sell. That's what Detroit has been doing. Honda is being smart. If the market is soft cut back on production. Unless, of course, you like going broke. Cutting price cuts profitability and is only used in desperation. The big three are just that, desperate. Honda can sit back on its cash and watch them bleed to death. Take note. This is what is happenning to all North American (I include Canada in this) manufacturing. You can't even buy a U.S. flag made in the USA anymore. When we finally have no manufacturing capacity at all what do we do when they start raising prices? We pay and pay. Face it folks, these "free trade" and "open market" sharpies have taken us to the cleaners and the bill is coming due.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Honda has a product as well as excellent marketing forecast. The affects of the "family pricing scam"
the big three used to clear out an enormous amount of overproduced vehicles have already affected the car market. The proposed savings these buyers received are so hollow not to mention the glut of lease returns within the year, What will their sales be in Nov and Dec?How do you say depreciation? The payment buyers wont even be able to trade out for 3 or 4 years. Toy... beat up GM and all he.. broke loose . And the gas prices definitely affected truck sales ....
Ill go way now, I'm going to check the tranzmixer fluid on the Ridgeline

Boogity booohhhh
Happy Howlaween

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I want production cut big time - I got the best toy on the block and I don't want others to have one too. The last thing I want is for the prices to be cut making my resale value less and the uprfront purchase cost I had even more expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
lowrider90 said:
did you notice what color ridgeline the article posted....Red of course!
That maybe, but Silver still runs the campus! ;) :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
did you notice what color ridgeline the article posted....Red of course!
That's a no-brainer. Lack of sales = loss of money = in the RED. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
No incentives? Honda had a manufacturer to dealer incentive of $1000 during October. The price I was offered went from 31,000 in September to 28,000 in October for a RTL w/ moon roof. Silver of course. A friend of mine told me the big thing to do is have a Japanese team of people/ex-executives come and redesign a company (i.e. Snap-on). Instead of making a thousand parts and waiting for people to buy them, the Japanese will make literally one of something at a time when it is ordered. Dell uses this strategy in making computers. So the Japanese model must be working somehow, but there are "hidden" incentives in almost any car deal. The informed consumer will be able to use them to his/her advantage.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Your absolute best bet to getting the bottom line deal is to use fighting chance method:

http://fightingchance.com/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-5625687-3201454?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

They sell a book on Amazon you can get pretty cheap ($11) and it's full of good info how to get the bottom line deal, I read every page and it's very informative and fun. Alternatively, if you don't have the time to do what they suggest ,which is a good 5-10 hours worth of work, you can pay about $190 for this non-profit organization to do the work for you and get about the same deal. It's all about timing and finding the one dealer stuck in a pinch that needs to make a sell regardless of profit on the one sell.

http://www.checkbook.org/auto/carbarg.cfm

·
Registered
479 Posts
shortspark said:
I want production cut big time - I got the best toy on the block and I don't want others to have one too. The last thing I want is for the prices to be cut making my resale value less and the uprfront purchase cost I had even more expensive.
I could not agree with you more. Well put! I have ony had my RL for about 34 hours, and I am in complete awe.....with the engineering of this amazing vehicle. Notice, I am not in awe of an amazing discount, or incentive, or family pricing or some other gimick used to get my business. I prefer to buy high quality, not low price.

Honda is looking long term. By cutting production slightly, rather than cut prices and offer incentives, they are protecting the value of thier cars, AND looking out for owner loyalty years from now.

Honda is PROTECTING MY INVESTMENT by not doing what the big 3 would do.:)

The big 3 (and bubba truck lovers everywhere) could learn a lot from this news. Instead, the damn fools will see this as some sort of 'failure'. I pitty them for thier ignorance.

This truck is way more than most people could ever even imagine. One must own and drive one to really appreciate the quality and engineering that went into it. Every inch of this truck is extremely well thought out.

My 2 cents worth.

fins

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts