Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sure for most of you, the chrome on the Honda emblem on the center of the steering wheel is almost all gone. I searched steering wheel emblem in the forum but can't find what I am looking for. How have you guys fixed the worn off chrome on the Honda emblem in the center of the steering wheel? Can you just buy a Honda chrome emblem or do you need to replace the entire plastic cover? Are there other solutions? Thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Dupli-Color has a spray Chrome Automotive Metallic Coating. you could put masking tape around the emblem and spray it. Guys have used this and plastidip on the emblems for the exterior. Maybe try a funky color? :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dupli-Color has a spray Chrome Automotive Metallic Coating. you could put masking tape around the emblem and spray it. Guys have used this and plastidip on the emblems for the exterior. Maybe try a funky color? :)
Thanks for taking the time to share. I will only do this as a last resort. I am not good at taping off detailed curves like what is found on the Honda emblem.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
One point to consider...
We are talking about an air bag here. A life saving device.

I would be very leery about modifying that in any way shape or form. Air bags deploy in 1/100 of a second at approximately 200 MPH. Having paint or a glued on emblem or something flying off in the direction of your face at that rate is likely not in your best interests.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I painted mine with Rustoleum black latex paint and painted it with a foam brush, why black? because there is no chrome on mine, everything is black and blue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to share. I will only do this as a last resort. I am not good at taping off detailed curves like what is found on the Honda emblem.
This is how you do it...Get some Masking tape, tape the entire logo, and newspaper the rest of the steering wheel/dash. This stuff gets everywhere!. Get a modeller's knife, and just trace the logo- easy peasy. Pick out the Pieces you cut out, push down the edges where you cut to make sure there's no paint bleed, and VOILA. Couple of coats, lightly sprayed should do it. Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts