Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Liar, liar, pants on fire...

I thought for sure that Honda was going to produce only 50,000 units in the next 18 months as stated in the press release.

I can not believe they decided to increase production due to higher demand. First Bush lied about the WMD; now Honda, who will the children believe ? :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
PLEASE FORM A SINGLE FILE LINE TO THE RIGHT ... Would be like the Disney cattle drive with 80K in here. :D Glad to hear people are buying them and word is getting out! Im sure there are multiple reasons for the increase.

R I D G E L I N E ............. Its fun to be a Ridge Junkie !! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Well, I'm a Ridge junkie too but I am going to be different. To tell you the truth, I really don't want them to sell a bunch of these things. I love the way people stop and ask questions about my truck. The stares and glances and smiles and all as I drive by. I guess it is a lot like a new father showing off his baby boy.

Pride to owner is written all over this truck and is one of the neat, intangible bonus features of being a Ridgeline owner. I know it is childish and selfish and all that but I got the neatest toy on the block and I don't want to see everyone else playing with one. And thats that!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wore a plaid tuxedo to the prom, I bought herring bone jeans,
and I love my Ridgeline.
I'm with you, I like being the guy who is different

·
Registered
361 Posts
Gentlemen.

Let's use the word "love" discretely. Afterall. Ridgeline is just reconfigured sheet metal. I "enjoy" my trees in my back yard more than the Ridgeline because afterall, the Ridgeline is an inanimate object. At least my trees are alive!

Hopeful, I do not get beat up too badly for speaking the truth.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Blue said:
Gentlemen.

Let's use the word "love" discretely. Afterall. Ridgeline is just reconfigured sheet metal. I "enjoy" my trees in my back yard more than the Ridgeline because afterall, the Ridgeline is an inanimate object. At least my trees are alive!

Hopeful, I do not get beat up too badly for speaking the truth.
But when you climb into the cockpit doesn't your RL make you feel alive and wanting adventure? JK

·
Registered
361 Posts
When I have free time, I like to get a glass of wine and sit in my back yard and communion with nature or read a book, or go online with my laptop, or play with my dog, or feed the koi, rabbit and turtle.

Of course there are numerous other things I also would like to do.

Sorry, I do not think about get in the Ridgeline and drive around town every chance I get. I only get in the Ridgeline cockpit when I HAVE TO drive somewhere and I prefer to drive the Ridgeline. Granted, if I can only have one vehicle, I would keep the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ok blue, we found your trade in for the Ridgeline :D

Were all proud of our trucks and of course we are all Original but thats not going to stop Honda from making as many as they can if they are selling like they are predicting. Enjoy the looks and comments you get now and know you are some of the first to own this fine automobile. 50 / 80 thousand may sound like a lot but its a small amount compared to what the big 3 pump out.

Pass me a beer Blue, mind if i come sit on your lawn with ya? :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Funny that they didn't say WHY they are increasing production on the Ridgeline!

The Alliston assembly plant that builds the MDX, and Pilot was already at or near maximum capacity. They added the Ridgeline into the mix and felt they could only get 50,000 for the 2006 model year.

Since then the sales on the MDX and Pilot are starting to drop. Hasn't even shown in the monthly sales figures yet, but orders are down. This leaves excess capacity to build more Ridgelines.

The problem? Even though the Ridgeline is new the sales are soft. Probably due to high gas prices. Experts expected the Ridgeline to be selling for MSRP or above for the 2006 model year. You can buy a Ridgeline at $500 over invoice right now, and probably at $250 over invoice in a month.

Alliston will be lucky to maintain full production the rest of the year. If it hadn't been for the Ridgeline they wouldn't.

·
Registered
109 Posts
First it was 50,000 / year. Per the March (3,875) and April (3,365) numbers from Honda, it appeared that they would sell only 40,000 the first 12 month period (April numbers (3,365) x 12 = 40,380, 10,000 below their goal of 50,000.

The 4-5 major dealers in Denver are selling about 3-4 per week each plus or minus. I've been tracking their inventory on a spreadsheet for the past 5 weeks in hopes of finding a GREAT deal. I am not prepared to give MSRP - I've taken so many hits on new cars and depreciation that I deal as hard as possible.

BTW I saw my first one in the wild - Taos New Mexico - it was a red one with Iowa plates - a long way from home. Hopefully they'll leave a few dollars behind as any good RL owner would (-:

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
I bought mine today at $500 over invoice. No fees. Had at least three dealers willing to sell at that price. Color was my determining factor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Paid a little less than MSRP about a month ago. I'm happy with the deal since I also got a good number on my trade in. :cool: Nice choice of color.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
The more I drive a vehicle, the more I work on it, improve it, maintain it, and the more it takes me places I enjoy going, especially when the going is tough, the more I like it. My Ridgeline is a great vehicle, but we have just started connecting.

My Ranger was underpowered, had lousy brakes, and a balky, unreliable manual transmission. I really enjoyed ripping it apart to install a custom audio system that provided 120,000 miles worth of entertainment. It took me through blinding snowstorms where other 4x4's were off the road. It earned my respect.

My Ridgeline will get there, in time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Csimo wish we all new as much as you do...The mdx sales are going to be average this year because of the upcoming remodel...pilot sales are doing great seeing as they built a new plant in alabama and moved most, soon to be all, production there. Considering the origional expectation of the company was to sell only 25,000 RL's/year when it was developed...the 80,000 that they now predict to sell is a great sucess. The same reasons the mdx will only have average sales also applies to the civic...no one wants the last year in a model when they can have something better...and I have seen the new civic coupe and let me tell you within a couple years you are going to want Honda to change it because there will be thousands of them on the road and you will be sick of seeing them...good for the people that work there though :cool: Oh and as for being able to sustain production at the plant...give me a break and look into it before you say something so silly...I won't even name the many reasons why that was a stupid statement :rolleyes: Do you really think they would have moved the pilot (as well as ody) production to a new plant if they didn't have something else to fill the production in Alliston?

L

·
0 Posts
I too like being "different" and I do LOVE my truck. It makes me feel good when I drive it and it gets me and my loved ones from point A to point B safely. To me, that's enough to love my truck, the inanimate object that it is. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is what makes the world go aroud. Blue, don't feel bad because you don't feel as many of us do about our Ridgeline. You would not have bought it if you didn't feel some connection. My Lady has a heart that is beating many RPM per minute and each one tells me that I'm going down the road in safety, style, class and among many others like all of you who share that feeling. THAT'S LOVE!! IMHO :D
"I LOVE MY HONDA"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts